Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-27-2004, 02:04 AM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Ledyard at Aikido of Berkeley

Just a reminder, if any of my web friends can make it to Kayla Feder sensei's dojo this coming weekend (10/29 - 10/31), I'll be teaching a seminar there. Friday night will be on Aikido based Defensive Tactics, Saturday will cover the theory and practice of multiple attacker randori, and Sunday will cover a block we've developed on "Entries". The seminar is open to anyone.
- George Ledyard

Aikido of Berkeley

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 10-27-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
Janet Rosen

Re: Ledyard at Aikido of Berkeley

George, I was looking forward to catching Friday night's class, but something has come up that requires my attention elsewhere. I understand you'll be back in the bay area in the early spring and am marking the calendar for that.
For anybody in the area: I've only had a chance to visit Kayla Feder Sensei at Aikido of Berkeley (actually in Richmond now) once but was very impressed and had a wonderful evening of training. Everybody was very welcoming and fun to practice with. So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 10-27-2004, 02:20 AM   #3
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote:
George, I was looking forward to catching Friday night's class, but something has come up that requires my attention elsewhere. I understand you'll be back in the bay area in the early spring and am marking the calendar for that.
For anybody in the area: I've only had a chance to visit Kayla Feder Sensei at Aikido of Berkeley (actually in Richmond now) once but was very impressed and had a wonderful evening of training. Everybody was very welcoming and fun to practice with. So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!
Hi Janet,
Sorry I'll miss you this time. I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley; hope we can get together then.
- George

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 10-27-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
Don_Modesto
Dojo: Messores Sensei (Largo, Fl.)

Quote:
George S. Ledyard wrote:
Hi Janet,
Sorry I'll miss you this time. I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley; hope we can get together then.
- George
Were I in the neighborhood, I'd make it for sure. Sigh.

I always get so much out of George's seminars.

Highly recommended.

Don J. Modesto
St. Petersburg, Florida
------------------------
http://www.theaikidodojo.com/
Old 10-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
akiy

Quote:
Don J. Modesto wrote:
I always get so much out of George's seminars.

Highly recommended.
I've only had the pleasure of attending one class that George taught (on his approach to defensice tactics) but have had the pleasure of training directly with him during regular classes at other folks' seminars. I have to say that I always walk out with things to chew on for a while...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 10-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #6
Michael Young

Dojo: Alamo City Aikido

Hi all,

We just had Ledyard Sensei down to San Antonio for a Seminar...it was incredible! I posted a review of the seminar if anyone is interested here:
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6650

I too wish I could be in Berkley this weekend.

-Mike
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 PM   #7
Erik

Quote:
Michael Young wrote:
I too wish I could be in Berkley this weekend.
If you were going to the seminar that would be bad as they are in Richmond. Besides I don't think Texas and Berkeley are a good match. They seem really mad at that other guy from Texas for some reason.

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote:
So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!
Just to add something to this. We have a bazillion organizations in the Bay Area and even our organiztions have divisions in them. For instance, multiple Iwama groups, three divisions in the CAA, plus countless others and I think we may even have Eastern region USAF of all things. Because of all the organizations I think people sometimes get nervous about attending functions outside of their organization.

Really you shouldn't be nervous, we're open, really, but in particular you shouldn't be on this one. Both George Ledyard and Kayla Feder from what I know of them are very open. You'll definitely be welcome.

I also second what everyone else has said.

Quote:
George Ledyard wrote:
I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley
For those of you who don't know ADV, they are in Concord and they have a biannual (usually) seminar schedule. What's unique about their seminars is that they are just enough off the beaten path that their seminars aren't filled to standing room only capacity. Plus, they bring in a surprising variety of people some of whom you won't see anywhere else in the Bay Area. So if you miss George Ledyard this time you'd do well to catch him at ADV.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:12 AM   #8
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
Erik Haselhofer wrote:
If you were going to the seminar that would be bad as they are in Richmond. Besides I don't think Texas and Berkeley are a good match. They seem really mad at that other guy from Texas for some reason.
I have to say these guys were wonderful. They listened to me spout off about my feelings about the ex-governor and they still invited me back anyway... I think Michael could masquerade as a liberal if he needed to fit in on the Coast; he doesn't really sound like a Texan.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com