Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-23-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
Min
Dojo: Rochester Aikido Club
Hi <shakes hand> <hugs>

Hello,
I started aikido while in college in 1998. At first, I wanted to learn a self defense martial art that would not require me to maim my opponents. Since then my reasons for staying in aikido have changed a couple times as I seek to grow closer to the real reason in my heart. There are times I am a very defensive person that can get riled up in an argument over small things. However, progressively I have looked to aikido for alternative perspectives to help in understanding life and in having compassion for others. The exercise and the enjoyment of practicing aikido with others has also made me more agreeable to be around too, compared to period that I was without it.
I am an electrical engineer. I am also studying to become a licensed massage therapist. I enjoy making people happy and engaging them in interactions that enrich their lives, as well as my own. That also leads into my other hobby, which is social dancing (currently, swing).
Thank you for reading this long and convoluted message about myself. I look forward to posting to the forums and hope that most of my replies will be helpful.
Take care and be well.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
akiy

Hi Minfang,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #3
Jamie Stokes
Dojo: Kenkyu Kai
Hello Minfang,

i like that Aikido has had different uses for you as you have grown through the art.

What you have written reminds me that I have changed and grown over time, and Aikido was a factor in that.

Welcome to the forums.

Jamie.