Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
AikiWeb System
12/26/11-1/1/12: Winter Intensive w/Saotome sensei, St. Pete FL

Posted 2011-10-27 10:05:11 by John M.
News URL: http://winterintensive.com/

Shihan Mitsugi Saotome will be teaching the next Aikido International Winter Intensive seminar at the world-class Sirata Beach Resort in St. Pete Beach, Florida. The event will be held from December 26, 2011 to January 1, 2012. This will be the sixth year the event will be held at this location, as the last five years event was very popular.

Advance registration is required. Yudansha testing is scheduled. Advance hotel registration is highly recommended. More information at http://winterintensive.com/. For special requirements or to
register offline, contact: info@winterintensive.com, 727-536-0801.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: 12/26/11-1/1/12: Winter Intensive w/Saotome sensei, St. Pete FL

There is also an array of top ASU instructors as well as Saotome Sensei. PeeWee Jones, John Messores, Kevin Choate, Patty Saotome, Dennis Hooker, and myself will all be teaching. The schedule looks great.

Winter Intensive Schedule

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 10-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Diana Frese
Dojo: Aikikai of S.W. Conn. (formerly)
United_States
Re: 12/26/11-1/1/12: Winter Intensive w/Saotome sensei, St. Pete FL

I remember Patty Sensei, Pee Wee and John from the first camps many years ago, and may have met Kevin, but for sure he is in the first book! Baker Sensei said good things about Dennis, too, and George was one of the original students at the D.C. dojo. Many years have gone by, I am sure they are even more awesome, and dedicated to training. My husband and I haven't traveled to events in many many years, but I recommend all who are able to try to attend this long standing and special event. Best regards to all, and thanks for many great memories of training and the great hospitality. I remember John one winter hosted the camp at the school where he was working. Was that were there were grapefruits lying around under the trees? And practice on the beach during one of the other camps... What nostalgia! Keep training all you who are able! We are so fortunate to have been introduced to Aikido