Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Howard Popkin
Dojo: www.pbjjc.com
United_States
Joe Brogna in Charlotte NC - October 13

Joe Brogna Sensei will teach a one day seminar on Daitoryu Aikijujitsu Ginjukai.

Seminar is at:

Mint Hill Martial Arts

7714 Matthews Mint Hill Road, Charlotte, NC, United States
Website http://www.martialartsnc.com

Start: 10:00 AM
End: 5:00 PM

Price: $75.00

Please contact Tom Cohen, Sensei for Details.

insightwellness@gmail.com

Thanks !

Howard

Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Howard Popkin
United_States
Re: Joe Brogna in Charlotte NC - October 13

Facebook for the event

https://www.facebook.com/events/1587223858083581/

Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Joe Brogna

Dojo: Popkin-Brogna Self Defense Center
United_States

I'm real excited about going down to Charlotte. I know Tom Cohen for many years and just met Jacob this past August. They are working really hard on their technique and it really shows. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the group and hopefully seeing some old faces!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
makoto333
Dojo: Makoto Dojo - Charlotte, NC
United_States

We would like to thank Sensei Brogna and all of the participants for an excellent seminar. I've known Sensei Popkin and Sensei Brogna for 14 years as part of another Daitoryu organization. I've always been impressed by their training and work ethic, as well as how closely they were able to re-create the techniques and principles of our Master. Continuing training with Ginjukai has been fantastic! This is my first seminar with Sensei Brogna teaching, and we were all excited and impressed. Sensei Brogna (and Sensei Popkin) have the ability to break down the techniques, focus our attention on specific principles or details, and tailor the practice to the abilities of both the individual and the group.
At the latest NC seminar, Sensei Brogna opened our eyes to some of the core techniques, and lots of variations we never recognized. He went on to show how some of the minute details of the movements worked to instill subtle aspects of Aiki - such as using a spiral movement around the spine.
Sensei Brogna showed the techniques to every student, allowing us to feel and try to recreate the technique. Everyone had a great time, and we look forward to many more years of training with Sensei Brogna, Sensei Popkin, and the other Ginjukai members. I have had the good fortune to work with a few rare people that could execute true Aiki. Sensei Popkin and Sensei Brogna can not only execute - they can teach it, as well!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Howard Popkin
United_States

Tom,

Glad you enjoyed it. Sensei Brogna is an amazing teacher. I'm glad more people are getting to experience his way of doing things.

Best wishes,

Howard

Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Joe Brogna

Dojo: Popkin-Brogna Self Defense Center
United_States

oh gosh guys you're gonna make me blush. Thanks for the the kind words gentlemen. I'm having a great time meeting new people and sharing the skills my teachers have imparted on me. I look forward to our trips to Orlando & Oklahoma to welcome our new Ginjukai groups.