Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Marketplace

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-01-2006, 07:31 AM   #1
LiveMartialArts
Dojo: LiveMartialArtsNetwork.com
United_States
Live Streaming Aikido on the Net

I would like to entertain the idea of this web site to the Aikido Community. It is a place where you can watch Aikido, Live. This would be ideal if you were too far away from a dojo or didn't have the style you wanted near you. Maybe your job schedule changed or your time frame does not match any dojo's times. Or you just love it. Anyway, I am interested in any feedback from the Aikido community. http://livemartialartsnetwork.com

Thank you,

Live Martial Arts Network
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Roman Kremianski
Dojo: Toronto Aikikai
Canada
Re: Live Streaming Aikido on the Net

Quote:
Learn various martial arts: like Tenshin Aikido, Yoga, Jujitsu, and Kick Boxing all in one place; live! All you need is a broadband connection and a computer.
Sorry dude, not digging it. Just looks like a money-grabbin' thing to me.

Any of these "Learn Martial Arts from the comfort of your own home!" things sound dodgy to me. I would be interested in seeing live footage of different instructors teaching, but definatly not for a fee.

Last edited by Roman Kremianski : 11-01-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
RampantWolf
Dojo: Cork Aiki Dojo
Ireland

A quick YouTube search on 'Aikido' gives 1618 hits... and they're free, you'd have to be offereing something a bit more than streaming footage to get money for it.

Also I'm with Roman, unless your Sensei is coming to your house, you really can't learn Aikido from home.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
mrfeldmeyer

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States

I don't think having Aikido on video (live or otherwise) can teach someone what they need to know entirely. Aikido is so much about understanding your uke's movements and reacting to them. Which is something you can never get from a video. I like to watch a video and then practice the move just seen with an uke. We have done this with various videos in the dojo, but watching this live at home where you most likely have no mat space and no uke would be a hard way to learn.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
Martin Ruedas

Dojo: Makiling Southside
Philippines

I think it's not a good idea .It might not be helpful for beginners who should be feeling the training inside the mats with other practitioners.