Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
PeterKang
Dojo: YMCA aikido club KL
Malaysia
Asian Aikido Federation Bangkok

Hello everybody,
The Asian Aikido Federation seminar in Bangkok is just around the corner on November 4-6. Doshu and Kobayashi shihan from hombu dojo will be teaching classes there. I am looking forward to training with any of you who will be making the trek to Bangkok.

Onegaishimasu

Best Regards

Peter Kang
Old 10-26-2005, 12:27 AM   #2
akiy

Re: Asian Aikido Federation Bangkok

Hi Peter,

It sounds like it'll be an interesting event. Please let us know how things go.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:39 AM   #3
CatSienna

Dojo: Ueshiba

me, me! I'm going! hope to squeeze in some aikido besides the shopping and eating .
Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
PeterKang
Dojo: YMCA aikido club KL
Malaysia

Greetings everybody...
I have just returned from the AAF in Bangkok and I am happy to say that the seminar was a success and enjoyed by all who attended. Fukakusa sensei and Aikikai Thailand were the perfect hosts of the event. The shihans teaching at the event were Lee, Kojima, Kobayashi, Kubota, Arai, Fujita, Fukakusa senseis and of course Doshu. There were a number of other shihans from the All Japan aikido federation (AJAF) training on the mat, including Minegishi, Funakoshi, Ichizuka senseis. Even for an Asian event, there were a small number of people from NZ, US and UK who participated. We witnessed a number of impressive displays during the embukai. The AJAF group and Doshu never fail to bring the house down. One highlight was the demonstration given by the Vietnamese groups. Their ukemi was breathtaking.
The event was capped with a banquet with a pretty nice string quintet playing chamber music which later broke out into a full blown party.... Doshu and Mrs Ueshiba danced to ABBA tunes..... Many aikidoka transformed into instant papparazzi clicking away with their digital cameras and videocams. It was a great event. I can't wait until the next one in two years which will be held in Taipei.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #5
rulemaker
Dojo: Aikido Philippines
Philippines

I have a video clip of Doshu and his wife together with Kubota Shihan, Koyama Shihan, & Mori Sensei, dancing to the tune of Abba's Dancing Queen.

Mel