Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
tlk52
Dojo: Aikido of Park Slope/NY Aikikai
United_States
need martial arts teacher for public school programs in NYC

Hi everyone

thanks for reading.

I run an arts education company that works with the NYC public schools doing performing arts programs (music, theater, dance, yoga and martial arts.)

We have several schools that want martial arts programs ASAP. some are for regular students, and some are for special needs students (autistic, emotionally challenged, other conditions....). All the programs take place at the school during the school day(8:30-3:00) with an occasional after school program (3-5 or 6). Most programs are 1X per week for 6-20 weeks, but one of the schools would like to go !X per wk all until the end of school.

pay is $50 per/class (@50 minutes) and generally there are 3-5 classes per/day

So far, we've kept most of the school programs non-contact (especially for the special need students) so I'm not sure if Aikido is the right art (unless an Aikido person has experience with Sp. Needs children) in this context... (also very few schools have mats. though we could put a class together of tenkan and other exercises, tai no henko, stretching, and suburi without weapons etc..... and some high schools do have mats and I'm working on convincing them about Aikido!!!!)

but if one of you know someone who has experience with kids and might be interested (any style...) in this kind of work please have them contact me ASAP

thanks

Toby Kasavan
718.520-1986
tk@neighborhoodarts.org
www.neighborhoodarts.org

Last edited by tlk52 : 09-11-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Daniel Blanco
Dojo: Suffolk Aikikai
Re: need martial arts teacher for public school programs in NYC

Hi Toby my name is Danny Blanco 718 694-4264 I train @ Suffolk Aikikai & Aikido Club Of Queens, I currently hold the rank of 1st Q, and going for Shodan in Nov or Dec 07,hopefully.This might help Sensei Dortsch( AK of QNS) is a NYC H.S. teacher & has aikido in his cirriculium now for several years,try giving him a call @ 718-468-4610. I took some of my 1st Aikido classes with you @ (Hanks Judo school), 06 years ago.