Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
July 13th - 16th 4-Day Daito Ryu Intensive with Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna

July 13th - 16th 2012
Aikido Eastside in Bellevue, WA

Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna will conduct the first annual West Coast Daito Ryu Ginjukai Intensive at Aikido Eastside. The seminar will host Daito Ryu Study Group members from all over the US but is open to any students regardless of level or style.

The "aiki" skills in this work are directly applicable to ones Aikido independent of the form your Aikido normally takes. This should be one of the high-lites of the year from a training standpoint.

On-line Info and Registration

Howard Popkin at Aikido Eastside Facebook Page

Instructor Bios

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Howard Popkin
Dojo: www.pbjjc.com
United_States
Popkin-Brogna 4 Day Seattle ! July 13-16

The Head Instructors of the Daito Ryu Ginjukai will conduct their first annual West Coast Daito Ryu Ginjukai Four Day Intensive Training intended to familairize students with the Ginjukai curriculum. The curriculum is all Daitoryu, but organized to teach similar concepts and principles at each level.

This workshop will be primarily designed for members of the various study groups nationally as well as students who have previous exposure to Popkin Sensei's teaching. There will be two intro classes open to students with no previous exposure to Daito Ryu training.

The teachers will be Howard Popkin Sensei and Joe Brogna Sensei.
http://www.popkinbrognaselfdefense.com/
www.ginjukai.com

For more information and to register for this event:
http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb833127724

Training Schedule:
Friday
9:00 am - Noon
Lunch
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Saturday
9:00 am - 10:00 am Intro Class
10:15 am - Noon
Lunch

Sunday
9:00 am - 10:00 am Intro Class
10:15 am - Noon
Lunch

Monday
9:00 am - Noon
Lunch
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Registration limited

Thanks !

Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Howard Popkin
United_States
Re: Popkin-Brogna 4 Day Seattle ! July 13-16

https://www.facebook.com/events/216942128392210/

Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Joe Brogna

Dojo: Popkin-Brogna Self Defense Center
United_States
Talking Re: July 13th - 16th 4-Day Daito Ryu Intensive with Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna

Hey folks,

I'm really excited to see everyone again. Sensei Ledyard has told us we always bring the good weather to Seattle. Let's see how it goes this time. Good weather or not, this will be a great event.

Four days of back to back training is bound to be beneficial for all of us!

It is not too often that Howard and I go on t he road together, so now you'll get double the attention, and double the comedy!

It's less than a month away, so secure your spot now!!!

see you guys soon,

Joe
Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Howard Popkin
United_States
Re: July 13th - 16th 4-Day Daito Ryu Intensive with Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna

Hello all,

The West Coast Ginjukai intensive is approaching rapidly. Please register ASAP.

http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb833127724

The seminar is limited to 45 people.

Thanks !

Howard

Old 07-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #6
Joe Brogna

Dojo: Popkin-Brogna Self Defense Center
United_States
Re: July 13th - 16th 4-Day Daito Ryu Intensive with Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna

I needed some time to really process how great this weekend was. Thanks to George Ledyard for coming up with the idea of the Annual West Coast intensive. Thanks to Josh Drachman and Gina Drachman for being such great hosts, and to Arrow Pride, Jeff, and Tro Ota for making this such a successful seminar. There are too many names to list, but we greatly appreciate all of the hard work, open mindedness, lack of ego that was exhibited by all of the practitioners.

I have to give a very special thanks to two people. First, Howard Popkin. It is an honor, a pleasure and of course always a fun time when we share the mat together. I always appreciate having my teacher accept me as an colleague and share what Okamoto Sensei taught us. To my other Un-Sensei , It is an honor to have you on the mat with us. It speaks volumes of your character. Thank you for all you have open my eyes to over the past couple of years. I look forward to the future with great excitement. Cheers!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Pollack
Dojo: Two Cranes Aikido
United_States

Tremendous 4 day Daito Ryu Ginjukai intensive with Howard Popkin and Joe Brogna! Wonderful people, fantastic instruction, mindful training. I've now turned to the tasks of (1) finding ways to reinforce the weekends practice into my body through repetition and (2) trying to seemlessly integrate it into my daily aikido practice. The Daito Ryu practice taught by Popkin and Brogna senseis is completely consistent with my aikido practice, which is rooted in the Shingu lineage. My challenge in integrating the two is to do it in a way that solicites no notable reaction (other than taking kusushi) or at worst a "that's interesting". If I get a "stop doing that" or "that's not right" I probably need to be softer. I encourage any aikidoka interested in moving their their practice in new ways to seek out the training that the Ginjukai offers. You will come away inspired. Gratitude!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Howard Popkin
United_States

47 participants from all over the country came together for an amazing training experience for all.

Special thanks to Dan Harden for joining us. It was an honor and a pleasure.

Also, George, Josh, Gina, Arrow, Tro, and the rest of The Aikido Eastside Gang, thanks for making this an amazing success !

See you at the East Coast Intensive in August ! - see the link below for pics !

Howard

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1809179&type=3