Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #1
judojo

Dojo: Ju Dojo
Location: 349 MALVAR STREET, DIPOLOG CITY, 7100, ZDN, PHILIPPINES
Philippines
Aikido Sake And Aikido Dojo Kun

Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan. I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano

REYNALDO L. ALBAŅO
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
Re: Aikido Sake And Aikido Dojo Kun

First, my attempt at being funny:
Quote:
Reynaldo L. Albano wrote: View Post
Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan.
The drinking areas of Japan...while I was there that seemed to be anywhere there was land (or a good boat). Drinking with kiai? Isn't that natural whenever it's a stiff drink?

Now to be more serious:
Quote:
I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano
I don't understand. Are you asking what the limitations are to doing Aikido under the influence of sake? I don't know of any "Aikido Sake"; just a jinja brand (good stuff!).
Sorry I'm having trouble getting your meaning.
Take care,
matt

Gambarimashyo!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
RED
United_States

*shruggs*

Ehh... anyone for nomikai tonight???!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Misogi-no-Gyo

Quote:
Maggie Schill wrote: View Post
*shruggs*

Ehh... anyone for nomikai tonight???!!!!
Well, as to the original poster's point, drinking was always part of our traditional stays in Japan. The senior students took us out and we were forced to drink until they couldn't handle it any longer. As for why, I think it may have something to do with one of my friends trying to make a joke to one of the Shihan about how he was an Aikido Shihan, but that Shaun was a Beer Shihan. I don't think that went over too well, cause they broke out more beer than any 5 people can drink and asked me how long it would take to finish it... Let's just say that even to this day, they still say, "Oh... Mr. Beer Shihan, would you like another drink?" So I must always says yes until they pass out or all go home. I still punch my friend in the arm for that one, as often as I get a chance to see him.

So, in answer to your question Maggie-San,

Hai! You can always count me in...

I no longer participate in or read the discussion forums here on AikiWeb due to the unfair and uneven treatment of people by the owner/administrator.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
RED
United_States
Thumbs up Re: Aikido Sake And Aikido Dojo Kun

Old 08-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Shaun Ravens wrote: View Post
Well, as to the original poster's point, drinking was always part of our traditional stays in Japan.
What was the original point?
As for your friend's remarks, yeah that seems like a dangerous challenge! All i know is that on casual events the drinking could get pretty intense (recalling an afternoon lunch that I was invited to one time, after which I was repeatedly told I was very strong at drinking)...I can only imagine if there was a de facto challenge included!
All that said, maybe the point is clearer than I thought.
Kampai!

Gambarimashyo!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines

Quote:
Reynaldo L. Albano wrote: View Post
Dear Administrators and Members , I must question the drinking method with KIAI in the drinking areas of Japan. I must know the limitations of Aikido Sake. Although is forbidden in all Budo Gaku Aikido Koshiki. I as Jin questioned the Aikido Laws. If any of us have any points on this matter just please reply on this Topic. Reynaldo L. Albano
Ginoong Albano,
Paumanhin po, at paki-claro lang po kung anong ibig po ninyong sabihin dito. Pwede po sa wikang Pilipino at isasalin ko sa wikang Ingles.
Daghang salamat giyud.

Cito

(Dear Mr. Albano, please forgive me, but could you clarify what you are saying here. You could state it in Pilipino and I will translate it to English.
Many Thanks,
Cito)

Inocencio Maramba, MD, MSc
Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui