Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
GeorgeDonnelly
Colombia
Looking for Steady Supply of Quality, Reasonably Priced Gis for Dojo (in Colombia)

Hi

I'm assisting my Sensei in procuring a supply of quality, reasonably-priced aikidogis for our growing dojo and would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

We're located in Colombia so it's not quite as trivial as just ordering them online. Our students are very cost-conscious and we're starting some non-profit programs for very-low-income students (mostly children). Every peso counts. Add on top of that the higher cost of shipping and Colombia's insane import taxes.

Ideally, we'd like to become a distributor for a brand like Iwata, Mizuno, etc. for all of Colombia because frankly the quality of uniforms that are available across all of the martial arts here is poor. Yep, those brands are very expensive but we're aiming high at first.

So I'm looking for advice or suggestions on these topics:

- Can you recommend a reasonably-priced brand that might be looking for a local distributor in Colombia?

- Can you recommend a reasonably-priced yet quality brand or distributor that offers bulk discounts?

- Any other advice or recommendations for getting our growing dojo a good supply of quality, reasonably-priced aikidogis.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by GeorgeDonnelly : 12-24-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
heathererandolph
Dojo: Kokikai Aikido Boston
United_States
Re: Looking for Steady Supply of Quality, Reasonably Priced Gis for Dojo (in Colombia)

It looks like E-Bogu can ship to Columbia. I went to their "schools and dojo" portal: http://www.e-bogu.com/EDDP-E-BOGU-Do...gram-s/173.htm
They have kid's Karate uniforms pictured only, not Judo.

I am not sure if the price would be low enough? Otherwise, it might work to have someone local make them. You could have a quantity made and sell them throughout the year. Someone had some made for our organization and they turned out very well. They are as good if not better than what I usually order.

I usually order mind from Ki International, they don't ship to Columbia though.

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
GeorgeDonnelly
Colombia
Re: Looking for Steady Supply of Quality, Reasonably Priced Gis for Dojo (in Colombia)

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom

Quote:
George Donnelly wrote: View Post
Hi

I'm assisting my Sensei in procuring a supply of quality, reasonably-priced aikidogis for our growing dojo and would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

We're located in Colombia so it's not quite as trivial as just ordering them online. Our students are very cost-conscious and we're starting some non-profit programs for very-low-income students (mostly children). Every peso counts. Add on top of that the higher cost of shipping and Colombia's insane import taxes.

Ideally, we'd like to become a distributor for a brand like Iwata, Mizuno, etc. for all of Colombia because frankly the quality of uniforms that are available across all of the martial arts here is poor. Yep, those brands are very expensive but we're aiming high at first.

So I'm looking for advice or suggestions on these topics:

- Can you recommend a reasonably-priced brand that might be looking for a local distributor in Colombia?

- Can you recommend a reasonably-priced yet quality brand or distributor that offers bulk discounts?

- Any other advice or recommendations for getting our growing dojo a good supply of quality, reasonably-priced aikidogis.

Thank you very much!
Dear George,
Try on the internet to connect with a firm called 'Blitz' ,Their on ebay I think. How high is high in price terms??? Do not know if BLitz exports to Columbia. If you are are in contact with Terry Ezra, why not ask his advice? Cheers, Joe.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #5
GeorgeDonnelly
Colombia

Hi Joe, thanks for your response. I will check out Blitz. Yes, Sensei Ezra is our, not sure what the right word is, but he has taught all of our yudansha from zero and gives us seminars 1-2 times per year but it's not something that we would probably want to bother him with ...? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Krystal Locke
United_States

Maybe make an offer on a high-end gi company's seconds and blems?