Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
Chris Knight
England
Impressed?

Don't know if this is the relevant topic area for posting, but just trying to compile a list of influential and impressive martial artists who people have met and trained with in the following areas;

Aikido
Chinese Arts
Other

Who have you been most impressed with in these arts, and why - just one person from each if possible

This is just for my own personal research

Regards
Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
john.burn

Dojo: Chishin Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Impressed?

Quote:
Chris Knight wrote: View Post
Don't know if this is the relevant topic area for posting, but just trying to compile a list of influential and impressive martial artists who people have met and trained with in the following areas;

Aikido
Chinese Arts
Other

Who have you been most impressed with in these arts, and why - just one person from each if possible

This is just for my own personal research

Regards
Hi Chris,

Easy one for me -

Aikido - Hiroshi Ikeda sensei - His Aikido is simply on another level compared to anyone else I've ever felt or taken ukemi for. Aside from Ikeda sensei's Aikido skills it's his openness, friendliness and warmth that also make him cut from a different cloth, in my opinion.

Chinese Arts - Mike Sigman - If you get the chance, go meet him, he's very open, very friendly and extremely skilled. He also has another great quality - he has broken down a lot of this internal stuff into very easy to digest steps - he's an exceptional teacher of this stuff only he'd probably rather not be classed as a teacher per se.

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk
Old 09-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
Chris Knight
England
Re: Impressed?

Thanks John

I missed Ikeda coming to Coventry, as I was on another course, but my fellow Rotherham compatriates thought he was brilliant!

I haven't met Mike yet but am looking to get hold of some of his dvds in the meantime

Regards