Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
lrtomoleoni
United_States
Dan Harden in Illinois February 22-23, 2014

Abiding Spirit Aikikai will host a seminar with Dan Harden on February 22-23, 2014. Dan will be teaching a seminar in Internal Power Development. This seminar will focus on the solo and paired-partner training exercises for developing internal power and applying it to any martial art.

Seminar Schedule:
Saturday
10:00 am — 6:00 pm
Sunday
10:00 am — 6:00 pm

To Register for the Seminar:
Email Dan your request for attendance consideration to dojoseminars@gmail.com. Upon receipt of Dan's approval, send payment of $180.00 to his PayPal address: homeoffice@charter.net
Registration is limited.

Seminar Location:
1540 Carlemont Drive
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
(815) 444-6019
www.abidingspiritaikikai.com
Old 02-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
James Sawers

Dojo: Oak Park Aikikai, IL
United_States
Thanks Dan...!!!!?????

I attended a Dan Hardin seminar this past weekend and I just want to thank Dan for screwing up my aikido life. I mean, it wasn't much, but it was mine...!! Now, I have to re-think everything I thought I knew about my aikido practice......God, at my age, that hurts.......Still, if I remember correctly, I think Dan said I have till I am 88 to get it, something like that........which is not that far off, damnit.....!!

Thanks, again, Dan for a great weekend of training and (emotionally painful - just kidding) learning...!!!

Now how do I unify those two opposing forces, again...????......

Jim....
Old 02-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
James Sawers

United_States
Re: Thanks Dan...!!!!?????

Oh, yes, Dan, is you read this.....I have this great hand-print on my chest and my back is all bruised....would make a great t-shirt....!!!!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
James Sawers

United_States
Re: Dan Harden in Illinois February 22-23, 2014

Based on my attending Dan's recent seminar (and Dan's frequent references to it), I think I finally understand why the Taijitu (the yin-yang symbol) is called the "diagram of ultimate power". Now it makes sense.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: Thanks Dan...!!!!?????

Quote:
James Sawers wrote: View Post
Oh, yes, Dan, is you read this.....I have this great hand-print on my chest and my back is all bruised....would make a great t-shirt....!!!!

Best,

Chris

Old 02-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #6
Zoe
Dojo: Currently relocating
United_States
Re: Dan Harden in Illinois February 22-23, 2014

Quote:
Brian Ensing:
I just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" for taking the time to come to Chicago and for giving Scott, Hung, and I the opportunity to attend your seminar. This is something I have wanted to do for some time. It was great to finally do it and start taking the first steps towards IP and Aiki.

Needless to say, the seminar was the topic of discussion the entire way back to Grand Rapids. I think the consensus of all three of us with regards to our martial training was "Well, looks like we are back to step 1". Better now than later. It's only up from here.

It was a lot to take in and absorb. However, personally I feel like a floating ship that now has a rudder and a compass heading. Time to study and absorb some more through practice. Looking forward to the next opportunity that you find your self in the area (either that or I'm going to have to get sneaky about scheduling the time and place for family vacations

www.bodyworkseminars.org