Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #26
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: The Mental Side of Aikido?

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
how do you find an enlightened teacher? how do know if that person is enlightened? how does one wolf know another? and if you are a wolf, why would you need another wolf to tell you that you are a wolf? and how do you study zen? is it like study a donut? does the donut define by the hole or there is really not a donut which is in my case, because i just ate the last one?
Dear Phi,
Do you share not only your donuts with me but also your warped sense of humour as well?I nearly fell off my rocking chair reading the above.I guess posts like yours either deflates or enhances some of the esoteric stuff from other contributors.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #27
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England

Mmmm. Felt that Joe. Would you like relish with the burgers? In fact if you kept the burger as your center, lowereed the plate of chips to earth whilst bringing the coke up the others center line and then pouring it over and behind their shoulder that would make for a nice tenchi nage......all done with relish of course.

Peace. G.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #28
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
?Or maybe the guys would extend their Ki and hope that the Ki extension would shift the stuff, while they took up sensible things like guzzling Hamburgers/Doughnuts and quaffing crates of beer?.Please extend your Ki and send me a Double Cheeseburger, french fries, Coke [Giant sized] .
Joe, do you not know that those things will block your Ki flow? as someone who cares deeply for fellow aikidoka, i took upon myself to consume all those things in order to save you and others from a terrible ki cramp. i am going send you a mental image of my consuming stuffs.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org