Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #176
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Obama Cult of Personality

Quote:
David Henderson wrote: View Post
It attacks the same underlying political strength; it frames the issue in a way that puts Obama's supporters on defense; ...
Oh stoppit.... an embarrassing moment like the awarding of a "Nobel Peace Prize" to an empty vessel speaks nothing bad about "the other side". Let's face it... the award was a joke.

Go back an look at the history of the Nobel Peace Prize and remember that the "Nobel Prize" in literature, physics, mathematics, etc., is a serious prize and is done by the Swedes. The "Nobel Peace Prize" is something a few idiots in Norway do, not the Swedes. Historically, the Norwegians gave the Nobel Peace Prize even to the Nazis in order to do the liberal "let's have peace and love in the world" thing. Note that there was about a 3-year hiatus in the Nobel Peace Prize during the early 1940's.... that's because the Nazis occupied Norway at that time. You'd think the Norwegians would be embarrassed by what clowns they are, but they're not. May they be occupied again; the first time didn't take... it didn't affect the foolish awarding of Alfred Nobel's money.

FWIW

Mike Sigman

Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #177
Voitokas

United_States

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
You'd think the Norwegians would be embarrassed by what clowns they are, but they're not. May they be occupied again; the first time didn't take...

I am not an expert

Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #178
C. David Henderson
United_States

Hi Mike.

That seemed taken out of context, but it's ultimately just a difference of opinion, yes?

Take care.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #179
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States

Quote:
David Henderson wrote: View Post
...it's ultimately just a difference of opinion, yes?
Maybe...but I just find it oddd....or maybe a little something more than just odd...when so many people are so vehement that Obama has done nothing...yet the same people want to convince everyone that....he's....ruining....the country????

You say you can't have it both ways....but some people seem more than able to have it any way that suits their agenda.

Of course, the big game is to foist off the tragic failures, and far worse, the malevolent manipulations of the past eight years as now being all the fault of Obama...who, they tell us, has done nothing.

Hate the democrats, hate the Republicans all you want, but Obama is a person and he's bending over backward to be fair to all sides--including those whose only side is "NO" and hate and tin-hat howling. We have to at least give him a chance. The fate of the nation is at stake, after all.

Sad, really.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com

Old 10-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #180
MM
United_States

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Maybe...but I just find it oddd....or maybe a little something more than just odd...when so many people are so vehement that Obama has done nothing...yet the same people want to convince everyone that....he's....ruining....the country????

You say you can't have it both ways....but some people seem more than able to have it any way that suits their agenda.

Of course, the big game is to foist off the tragic failures, and far worse, the malevolent manipulations of the past eight years as now being all the fault of Obama...who, they tell us, has done nothing.

Hate the democrats, hate the Republicans all you want, but Obama is a person and he's bending over backward to be fair to all sides--including those whose only side is "NO" and hate and tin-hat howling. We have to at least give him a chance. The fate of the nation is at stake, after all.

Sad, really.

David
I think we're in a period of time when a lot of people have stopped liking either party. Look at this trend for Obama. I only use him because it's the latest news feed. Congress has the exact same problem.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

That's a nasty downward spiral. The downward trend started with Congress when Bush was in office.

Throw in all this spending of money. Yeah, the first one started at the end of Bush's time, but Obama has kept the trend going and added even more spending.

According to here, that spending hasn't helped us.
http://www.republicans.waysandmeans....umentID=150826

I don't even care to research the numbers. The Republicans under Bush at the end were just as bad. It's the reason a good bit of their own party didn't vote for them.

I don't trust either party anymore. And a lot of people I know and talk to feel the same way.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #181
David Orange
United_States

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
I think we're in a period of time when a lot of people have stopped liking either party. Look at this trend for Obama. I only use him because it's the latest news feed. Congress has the exact same problem.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

That's a nasty downward spiral. The downward trend started with Congress when Bush was in office.
I understand your feelings on this Mark, but Obama is what we have now. He has the tremendous job of cleaning up an unbelievable mess--a tragic mess that ended up with millions of Americans seriously believing that Sarah Palin was fit to govern this entire country!!!

I've been saying for years that the two parties are like sock puppets with the super rich having one hand in each of them and putting on a show for the rest of us.

HOWEVER, don't we have to do something? Someone has to run the government and right now i't's Obama's job. So why is everyone trying to ride his back and drag him down while he's trying to recusitate the economy that Bush et al ruined, trying to get our men out of a pointless war that Bush started and got us mired in, trying to win a war that George Bush started and then turned his back on, just as GHW Bush did after the Soviets left. Does anyone think all that piling on will help him do a better job?

Limbaugh out and out said "I hope he fails," and that's the kind of nutso attitude that has been destroying this country since Nixon was forced out of office for his crimes.

Ever since then, the Republicans have been seeking revenge and have shown a sharp willingness to shut down and swamp the nation to achieve that end.

Oh, that and a lot of smoke screen to cover the getaway of GW Bush, Cheney and their cronies from the scene of their crimes and incompetence, leaving the country virtually destroyed.

The fact is, Obama must do whatever is to be done. No one else may. It's his job. And there's no question he's doing 1000 times better than GW.

The alternative?

Civil war? Secession? Assassination?

There simply isn't an alternative for intelligent people. Hang together of hang separately. The best thing we could do to start is put Limbaugh in prison and let Glen Beck be his roomie. Shut down their sedition and get on with repairing the wreck that Bush caused. The eight years behind us were disastrous. It's going to take tremendous work to make the next four years productive and no amount of carping will help that.

Best to you.

David

Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com

Old 10-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #182
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
So why is everyone trying to ride his back and drag him down while he's trying to recusitate the economy that Bush et al ruined,
Bush didn't create the sub-prime mortgage meltdown. That was done by Democrats who used a manipulation of parliamentary rules to block oversight and regulation of FannieMae and FreddyMac. Even some Dems have admitted that publicly, David, including one of your own Alabama representatives.

To say "well, since the Dems pulled that unethical stunt while Bush was president, it's Bush's fault" is simply dishonest. And that's the way I look at your statement. "Subprime mortgages" are mortgages given to people who really don't qualify for mortgages. The Dems put in rules saying that if Banks did NOT make such high-risk loans, the Dems would block them from doing business in other places. Let's be fair about this. At least give some lip-service to the idea that the "subprime mortgage meltdown" was caused by subprime mortgages, not Bush.

I also find it sort of duplicitous for Dems like Obama to talk about the "deficit" without mentioning that Obama voted yes on every costly item that led to the deficit. Of course, you may think it's appropriate to play silly games with honesty, but I don't.

Don't get me wrong.... I didn't support Bush. But at least with him the rumours about him being a crook are far different than listening to reasons why Obama's documented lies, changes in campaign promises, etc., are different matters and a little crookedness is for the good of the country. Why, for instance, did Obama not fund the office that oversees union administrators/officials' expenses so that they could escape scrutiny? Tell me one honest reason.

Mike

Old 10-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #183
David Orange
United_States

Quote:
Bush didn't create the sub-prime mortgage meltdown. That was done by Democrats who used a manipulation of parliamentary rules to block oversight and regulation of FannieMae and FreddyMac.
No. It was caused by making CDOs out of the millions of subprime mortgages sold by brokers and selling those CDOs into the investment and retirement funds of the whole country--in other words, by the big banks and investment houses: the super wealthy who got all the tax cuts of 2000.

The subprime mess, further, was only a fraction of the whole meltdown and Bush tax policies and war waste were at the heart of it.

Quote:
To say "well, since the Dems pulled that unethical stunt while Bush was president, it's Bush's fault" is simply dishonest.
Who said it? I didn't.

Quote:
At least give some lip-service to the idea that the "subprime mortgage meltdown" was caused by subprime mortgages, not Bush.
The subprime mortgages were just one tool used by the super rich to suck more money out of the middle class. It was neither the Dems nor those nefarious poor people trying to buy a house who caused it.

Quote:
I also find it sort of duplicitous for Dems like Obama to talk about the "deficit" without mentioning that Obama voted yes on every costly item that led to the deficit.
Yeah...first, I don't hear dems talking about the deficit. It's the republicans who pumped up all manner of invisible spending under Bush (back in the days when I was shouting about "the burden of debt on our children") and who now are screaming like teenaged girls while Obama tries to drag the economy out of the bonfire Bush built for his weinie roast.

Quote:
Of course, you may think it's appropriate to play silly games with honesty, but I don't.
Is that right?

Why don't you get Jun to run a poll of readers and ask whether Mike Sigman plays silly games with honesty?

Maybe you could learn something from the response.

David

Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com

Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #184
David Orange
United_States

Quote:
Bush didn't create the sub-prime mortgage meltdown.
Regardless of who you think caused it, it is Obama's job to fix it. Unless you guys are able to foment an actual revolution in this country, it's going to remain his responsibility and no one else's.

And he has to clean up the ungodly mess of two wars that Bush has allowed to deteriorate into chaos: one by sheer incompetence and waste paid to cronies, the other by sheer neglect, allowing the enemy to rebuild and entrench.

If America is going to come out of this stupid situation on top, it has to be with Obama in charge. So why are you riding his back and trying to make it impossible for him to achieve it?

David

Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com

Old 10-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #185
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
Why don't you get Jun to run a poll of readers and ask whether Mike Sigman plays silly games with honesty?

Maybe you could learn something from the response.
Tsk. Such a hater, David.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #186
David Orange
United_States

Quote:
Tsk. Such a hater, David.
Why would it be "hate" for you to find out?

Don't you find it odd that your assumption is that if you find out what people think about you, it amounts to hate?

Why do you have that feeling?

David

Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com

Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #187
akiy

Thread closed.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Closed Thread