Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
akiy

New Feature: AikiWeb AikiBlogs!

Hi everyone,

Although it's not technically a "new" feature as it it's been on AikiWeb for some time by the name of the "journals" section, but since I just updated its software, I thought I'd rechristen it into the AikiWeb AikiBlogs!

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/blog.php

The AikiWeb AikiBlogs already features 1,377 blog entries and 286 comments in 58 AikiBlogs, making it the most active aikido related blog collection in the world!

By using the AikiWeb AikiBlogs, you'll be able to share your thoughts, experiences, and insights about aikido with the world and draw comments from AikiWeb members from all across the world. You'll even be able to search through all of the current entries for likeminded ideas. Each entry (and blog) can be accompanied by a "mood" icon and also may be marked private, viewable only by select AikiWeb members of your own choosing.

Also, if you want to keep up with all of the entries in the AikiBlogs, simply point your RSS feed reader to the RSS feed located in each individual AikiBlog to keep up with that author's AikiBlog or to one of the feeds this page <http://www.aikiweb.com/rss> if you want to subscribe to all of the AikiBlogs.

I hope everyone finds the AikiWeb AikiBlogs interesting and useful. Enjoy!

-- Jun

PS: If you encounter any bugs, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
jxa127
Re: New Feature: AikiWeb AikiBlogs!

Jun,

One quick request: when they were journals, the title of my journal used my name: Drew Ames. Now that they're blogs, the title uses my user name, jxa127.

In other words, it went from being Drew Ames's journal to jxa127's Blog.

Is there any way to change it back to using names instead of user names?

Regards,

----
-Drew Ames
Old 02-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
akiy

Hi Drew,

Yes, that's something I will be working on in the future, hopefully some time this week. Thanks for the reminder...

-- Jun

Old 02-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz

Hey Jun, a question: any way I could attach pic's to the blog? Or, is there some way I could get more space in "My Gallery," and just post a link, in my blog?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #5
akiy

Hi Neil,

Although you can't attach pictures like you can here in the Forums (using the "Manage Attachments" button), you can use the [img] bbcode link to specify a URL. So, if you have images in the AikiWeb image gallery, you should be able to reference the images from there.

If you've run out of space in the AikiWeb image gallery, the easiest way to double the amount of images you can have (as well as a lot of other advantages) is to become an AikiWeb contributing member.

Hope that helps,

-- Jun

Old 03-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #6
aoerstroem
Dojo: Renshin Aikido Dojo, Copenhagen, Denmark
Denmark

Hello Jun.

First of all; I love this site and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this site! But I have to say that I passionately dislike the change done to the journal/aikiblog section.
I don't have the same overview that I had previously, it uses my username instead of my real name (as the gentleman above already mentioned), the format is too narrow to display the entries' titles in their entirity and because I dont have more than 15 entries I have to scroll down several pages to view my log.
I really miss the overview the old design gave me. I could see the number of views and entries of the logs and all logs were on a single page. That greatly increased the transparency of the journal section and it made it easier to see the users in the middle and bottom.

I am dreadfully sorry that I have to point this out, I really think your site is magnificent, but I honestly don't like this addition. I would much prefer that things remained the way they were (even though I like the name AikiBlogs ) I hope you will take this into consideration

Best regards and apologies for being a nag.

Alexander Orstrom

Last edited by aoerstroem : 03-06-2005 at 05:45 PM.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,
but in the mastery of his passions.
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Old 05-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #7
Kelly Allen
Dojo: Friends Dojo

I have since deleted them, but it seems that all the journal enteries that were private became public, on the Aikiblogs. I'm kind of sorry that I ever posted them. Goes to show that nothing is ever private on the internet. Lesson learned.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
akiy

Hi Kelly,

I'll take a look. Thanks for the report.

-- Jun

Old 05-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #9
miratim
Dojo: Albuquerque Aikido Kokikai
United_States

Hi Jun -

Another perspective: I've been using the blog feature since you announced in February with no problems. It's the first time I've consistently done this kind of diary with any subject, and I really appreciate having a place to record my aikido development.

After seeing Kelly's note, I checked my entries (as they are all private). Doing an "Edit" on each entry showed it was still marked as private. However, I vaguely remember some sort of icon that indicated which were private entries on the "My aikiblog" entry list page that is seems to be missing now. Either that or it was never there, and I'm confused. So when I first looked at the list, I was concerned that none of the entries were private, until I edited a few of the entries and saw the checkbox.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #10
akiy

Hi everyone,

I've just updated the AikiWeb AikiBlogs software to a newer version with a bevy of new features including blog entry categories, featured articles, "blocks" management (to customize your AikiBlog display), sleeker design, and much more.

You can get to the new AikiBlogs section by using the drop-down at the top or by going to:

http://www.aikiweb.com/blogs/

Enjoy!

-- Jun

Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
akiy

Hi folks,

Please note that if you use an RSS feed reader, you can subscribe to the latest AikiBlog entries by pointing your feed reader here:

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/blogs/syndication.php

You can also subscribe to your favorite AikiBlogger's blog by going to his/her blog and clicking on the icon near the top right of the page.

Don't forget that you can subscribe to many parts of AikiWeb using an RSS feed reader. More details here:

http://www.aikiweb.com/rss/

-- Jun