Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-28-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
LinTal
Dojo: Aikido Terrey Hills
Australia
Talking Attendance Tracking revisited

Hi guys,

I've been playing around with our member/visitor tracking system, thought someone might find this useful. There have been a few posts out there about tracking attendance and assets for different classes, there are some really amazing websites like Open Black Belt, The Dojo Manager and My Attendance Tracker. Sometimes, though, it's more convenient to have it tailored to needs as they change.

I hope this works when it's exported, let me know if it doesn't; it's a pretty simple spreadsheet made on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

It's designed so that you just fill out a form after every class. (I know this works on an iPhone as well as a laptop, what about other phone types?) It updates the database itself and automatically appends new numbers into the graph. You can find that form here, feel free to try it out and then swap to the spreadsheet database and graph to see your responses tack on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MXZLa2ZmSlE6MA

The form also carries out its own analytics, separate to any graphs you create from the data. You can find that in the menu under Tools>Form>Show Summary of Responses. In here it also compares attendance by student which might be useful if your aikido style grades by days at training.

(I'm pretty sure you can save it as a copy as it is with a Google Docs account. Let me know if not and I'll keep tweaking for a solution.)

Last edited by LinTal : 11-28-2011 at 04:38 AM.

The world changes when you do.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
lbb
United_States
Re: Attendance Tracking revisited

I made another one, for excel, that has some bells and whistles. You can insert a "test date" column, and depending on whether that column indicates that a person has tested, you either reset their hours or keep the total going forward. The "hours toward next test" field also has conditional formatting, so when the student has achieved the number of hours it shows in green and when they're getting close, it shows in amber. I don't think google spreadsheets can do all that I'm doing in this spreadsheet, but I'll share the excel with anyone who wants.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
LinTal
Australia

Wow, cool idea! I'd love a copy if you don't mind, I'd love to see how you did that (I think I just put all that in the too-hard basket). My email's here.

Would you mind if I integrate it with the one we use and the template above, or bits of it, if at all possible? I figure that between everyone on the forum we can make an uber-tracker. Does it need alot of formula insight to maintain?

Last edited by LinTal : 11-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia

Nice going...

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 AM   #5
LinTal
Australia

Just an update; the graph sheet in the spreadsheet isn't showing up on an iPhone (what about other phones?), but can be seen when using a computer. Separate to that, the analytics section does allow graph viewing regardless. The form itself shows better promise for a mobile; use your phone to find the form web address, type 30 secs to 1.5 min, submit. It's worked so far, has anyone without a google docs account had a go?