Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-08-2000, 02:35 PM   #1
BC
Talking

I just came back from a weeklong summer camp, and one of the running jokes some of us had going during the seminar was about some of the things that a character we made up would do. Specifically, we called this character "Mean Sempai," and some of the things Mean Sempai would do would be:

- Holding out his hand for kohai to grab for Katatetori Ikkyo, and just as Kohai would try to grab the hand, Mean Sempai would pull the hand away and say "Whoa! too slow"

- Put a sticker on Kohai's back that says "throw me HARD!"

-Stepping on Kohai's feet while doing a technique

- "Freezing" Kohai so he couldn't start a technique, then saying "what's wrong, can't you do the technique?"

- Start and stop attacks when acting as uke, so that Kohai doesn't know when to start the technique

- Mean Sempai points to Kohai's belly and says "your belt's untied," then flick Kohai in the nose with his finger, and says "made you look"

Anyway, anyone else have any other ideas for Mean Sempai's antics?

-BC
Old 08-11-2000, 04:36 AM   #2
Simone
Dojo: Augsburg/Haunstetten
Germany
Cool

Hi BC!

I also did just come back from a weeklong summer (better: rain) camp in Brussels. We just created there two new proverbs.
Two hours after we arrived at the camp site two of my fellow aikidokas arrived. When someone asked if they got lost, they answered: no, we did not get lost, we just visited the city! So, the whole week nobody got lost in the city of Brussels, everyone just visited the city!
The other concerns our dinner in the restaurant on top of the Atomium (which is really dilapidated). One of us feared to fall down when the restaurant may break down just during our dinner. One other answered: no problem, you can do breakfalls, or?

Hope you enjoyed your summer camp just as I did mine!

Simone
Old 08-11-2000, 08:35 AM   #3
BC
Thanks, summer camp this year was great! And to top it off, the visiting instructor from Aikikai Hombu Dojo is teaching all the classes at our dojo for the next couple of weeks - a special honor and treat.