Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-08-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
shihonage
United_States
Real street attack clip.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=7688073
Click on "Gruesome Video".

Without getting into mistakes that the victim made, just from a physical standpoint - here's a good reason to practice those shomen techniques with intent, yes ?

Last edited by shihonage : 11-08-2001 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2001, 03:25 PM   #2
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Ow - too bad my Norwegian sucks. That looked like a real set up. Anybody care to translate.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 11-09-2001, 08:14 AM   #3
jaxonbrown
i didn't see the video but i can see from the pictures that the victim's first mistake was standing so close to his would-be attacker. are there any techniques where you start nose-to-nose with uke? when you're that close you just can't see a fist flying toward your jaw until the last microsecond.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:21 AM   #4
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Try to see the clip (its on the same page).
I had the same impression but in the clip the attacker actually moves away. The victim was distracted by two others.

Quote:
Originally posted by jaxonbrown
i didn't see the video but i can see from the pictures that the victim's first mistake was standing so close to his would-be attacker. are there any techniques where you start nose-to-nose with uke? when you're that close you just can't see a fist flying toward your jaw until the last microsecond.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 11-09-2001, 08:58 AM   #5
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterR
Ow - too bad my Norwegian sucks. That looked like a real set up. Anybody care to translate.
Okay! Here goes:

*Kicked unconcious *
Raw violence filmed and used as court evidence.

By ROLF J. WIDERØE, TOR STRAND

These choking pictures of raw violence made the Oslo city court pass its so far hardest sentence for violence

1) The fight: The two men argued for half an hour before it escalated. The victim wearing the white t-shirt wanted an appology since the defendant had hit him in the back of the head with a shovel.

2) The attack: The to friends of the main defendant approached the scene, the main defendant withdrew slightly and delivered a hard supprising strike to the victim.

3) Fell to the ground: The victim fel to the ground, but got up again

4) Karate-kick: the main defendant threw a punch at a friend of the victim who approached the scene, before he again attacked the victim - this time with a karate kick to the face

5) Inanimate: Both the punch and the kick were directed to the head of the victim and both were very severe the court stated. It appears obvious from the vidorecording that especially the kick was very severe.

After cruel punches and kicks the 29 year old norwegian lay inanimate on the sidewalk of Aker Brygge in Oslo.

Raw violence happens on a weekly basis in Oslo. Often there are dissagreement on the course of the event and on who did what. The unique part of this case is that a video operator in the security compagny responsible for security on the Aker Brygge caught the whole thing on video.

The film shows every detail of the argument, the mutulation and who did what.

The police of Oslo is happy that the court has placed so much weight on the video as evidence.

The four assailiants (one home help age 22, two caretakers working in grade school aged 23 and 21, and one student aged 21) asked the city court judge to "overlook some of the details from the film", since the videorecording make this case unique.

The court did not agree, since evidence is allways unique in each case. The defendant will have to take the load of the fact that this event has been filmed on video. So it is expressed in the verdict. The main defendant (the home help) received a sentence of 14 months in prison.

*The argument*
The opening of this heavy violence was a usual argument in the nightlife.

Late at night sunday the 29. juli this year just after 04, a couple of men of somalian origin argue with a girl on Aker Brygge. Four norwegian boys appear - among these the 29-year old victim. Two of them contacts the girl to ask whether she needs any help. A litlle scuffle among the men takes place, but the girls refuses help. The norwegian men leaves the place, but the victim receives a strike with a shovel in the back of the head.
It wasn't a hard blow, but the 29-year old demands an apology. A long argument takes place.

Wile arguing the home helpers friends appears after having been away for a while.

After this everything is on the video tape, which is explained in detail in court.

It is frightening for the court to see how this devlops into such brutality the judge announces and sentence the four assaliants to respectively 14, 6 and 3 months of prison.
They have also been sentenced to pay the victim a sum of alltogether 60.000 kr. (app. 7000 dollars) in satisfaction for unfair treatment and 8000 kr. in compensation.

Three of the four assailants appealed their sentences emmidiately. The main defendant had been in custody until the passing of the sentence and demanded to be released. However the court ordered the custody prolonged with another four weeks.

Sorry for bad spelling - my wife has allready called me once to ask me to hurry home for the weekend.

See you all.

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration
Old 11-09-2001, 10:52 AM   #6
AskanisoN
Dojo: USA Martial Arts
1) The fight: The two men argued for half an hour before it escalated. The victim wearing the white t-shirt wanted an appology since the defendant had hit him in the back of the head with a shovel.

Hi All,

I don't know about everyone else, but if somone has the will to hit me in the back of the head with a shovel(in other words, kill me with a shovel)the last thing I would be doing is asking for an appology. I'd be asking my lawyer what my options are.

I think this video clip is a very good lesson on what not to do for whoever views it.(including myself)

Scott

Last edited by AskanisoN : 11-09-2001 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:40 AM   #7
Erik
Quote:
Originally posted by AskanisoN
I'd be asking my lawyer what my options are.
Spoken like a true American!
Old 11-09-2001, 03:30 PM   #8
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Cool STREET ATTACK AND HEIHO

Did anyone observe that the victim did every possible mistake, actually placing himself in a dangerous situation?
Where's the good ol' Heiho?

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara
Old 11-09-2001, 03:45 PM   #9
AskanisoN
Dojo: USA Martial Arts
The victim for sure didn't have an eye on that guy on his right, he never saw it coming. It took the attacker a good second and a half from conception to connection to throw that punch. Maybe the victim doesn't have very good peripheral vison.

Last edited by AskanisoN : 11-09-2001 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:12 PM   #10
willy_lee
Dojo: City Aikido
Quote:

Hi All,

I don't know about everyone else, but if somone has the will to hit me in the back of the head with a shovel(in other words, kill me with a shovel)the last thing I would be doing is asking for an appology. I'd be asking my lawyer what my options are.

Scott
My impression from JJF's translation is that it wasn't a killing blow with the shovel. It was more in the way of intending to piss off the victim.

=wl
Old 11-09-2001, 09:14 PM   #11
willy_lee
Dojo: City Aikido
Quote:
The victim for sure didn't have an eye on that guy on his right, he never saw it coming. It took the attacker a good second and a half from conception to connection to throw that punch. Maybe the victim doesn't have very good peripheral vison.

Position. Plus maybe tunnel vision from anger adrenalin.

=wl
Old 11-10-2001, 03:21 AM   #12
shihonage
United_States
Quote:
Originally posted by willy_lee

Position. Plus maybe tunnel vision from anger adrenalin.

=wl
I have no doubt that he experienced tunnel vision, but I think that anger was the last thing on his mind.

He was scared.
Old 11-10-2001, 05:24 AM   #13
unsound000
Re: STREET ATTACK AND HEIHO

Quote:
Originally posted by Kami
Did anyone observe that the victim did every possible mistake, actually placing himself in a dangerous situation?
Where's the good ol' Heiho?
What is every possible mistake? I saw him in bad position to see all attackers. I saw that the attackers were in his zone (where he could touch them and they could touch him.)I saw he was unaware of danger. I saw his hands were down. When he was knocked down, he was still not protecting and not trying to get away. What did you see?
Old 11-10-2001, 08:29 AM   #14
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Cool Re: Re: STREET ATTACK AND HEIHO

Quote:
Originally posted by unsound000
What is every possible mistake? I saw him in bad position to see all attackers. I saw that the attackers were in his zone (where he could touch them and they could touch him.)I saw he was unaware of danger. I saw his hands were down. When he was knocked down, he was still not protecting and not trying to get away. What did you see?
KAMI : The same things you did...
Best

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara