i'm going to summarize...
I'm going to summarize my original rather lengthy tit for tat response with this:
1. Want an Aikido Bill of Rights or Constitution;
2. Think all men are pigs or dogs;
3. Want to advance some sort of "feminist agenda";
4. Want some form of Affirmative Action that promotes women faster so that we have more women teachers;
5. Want some kind of advertising that will grossly stereotype all women; and
6. Want to water down aikido and do to Karate and Kendo what Powerstrike/Forza has done.
I think the women on this board have pretty darned good idea of what we feel is necessary -- Treat us with dignity and respect. That's it -- plain and simple. No more, no less.
Please do not lecture us as to how we should really feel or react. And please do not read into what we say.
Everyone here has done a great job in not getting into the whole "gender politics" debate. So please let's not go there, okay? The "gender politics" debate unfortunately just creates a downward spiral of a debate. Just revisit the old "gender issue" threads on this board for your fill of this, please.
Luc, I know you mean well. But, please don't "mean well" all over me. As my grandmother always said, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."