Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Tinyboy344

United_States
Question Iwata Company

Hello there,
Does anyone know how to order stuff from Iwata company? They do not have the regular check out section to pay with a credit card like other companies do. How did you, the people that don't live in Japan, do it?
Thanks
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Re: Iwata Company

I think you have to pay via paypal..... but I am not sure. Do they have a number? I haven't been on that site in quite some time.

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States

Just went to their page.... here is what it says on the payment/order page. Paypal looks to be the easiest method, but to each their own I suppose.

Order informaiton
we need your information about

Your order details

If you do not know your size, please teach us your height, weight and your waist size by cm.

Your address, phone number and e-mail address in block letter.

Payment (please see Payment)

*For small quantity if we sent for gift to your private address, you may not pay import tax, but sometime your custom ask you to get certificate of country origin \7,400 and certificate visa \5,500 etc. please check yourself

Payment

PAYPAL

If you have paypal account and choice payment by PAYPAL,
Please see this page

VISA or Master card

If you order by internet, sending your place and choice payment VISA or MASTER@CARD, Please teach us your card number and date details by mail or fax.

Visa catalog shopping price list,
Please see this page

Bank transfer
International postal money order

If you order by internet, sending your place and choice bank transfer or international postal money order.

Bank transfer
Add 6,000jpy transfer charge
*If you order 12,000jpy goods, total price is 18,000jpy.(12,000+bank transfer charge 6,000jpy).
Our bank details

Bank Name: BANK OF TOKYO MITSUBISHI UFJ.
Branch: OKUBO BRANCH
Address: 2-27-9, HYAKUNINCHO, SHINJUKUKU, TOKYO, JAPAN.
Tel: +3-3371-7146
Account Name: IWATA SHOKAI CO. LTD.
Account Number: SAVINGS ACCOUNT 49000
Swift code: BOTKJPJTSAD

International postal money order
transfer total price by Japanese yen.
International postal money order, only Europe people can use.

Our postal account is
00120-1-139556
ACCOUNT NAME: IWATA SHOKAI CO.,LTD
Our address:2-2-36 HYAKUNINCHO SHINJUKUKU TOKYO 169-0073 JAPAN
Our telephone number: +3-3209-6888

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Tinyboy344

United_States

Yeah I checked their website and got the same information. It's so inconvenient. What if people don't want to make a paypal account And their paypal price is more expensive than credit card price too I think
Old 10-20-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
rulemaker
Dojo: Aikido Philippines
Philippines

We emailed our orders and our credit card information and in two weeks we received our orders.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Tinyboy344

United_States
Angry Re: Iwata Company

So I placed an order with the company and their shipping charge is really expensive, 8000 JPY for a gi top and a belt. Plus they asked if they should send the order as "merchandize" or "gift" and if it's sent as "merchandize", I'd have to pay another 5000 JPY for a "certificate of origin"... WTF?!? That's like $152 just for shipping and handling. That's outragous!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Peter Goldsbury

Dojo: Hiroshima Kokusai Dojo
Japan

It makes perfect sense for me to buy my keikogi etc from Iwata. When I go to Tokyo, I can visit the store, have some tea and a chat, and order exactly what I want. If my orders have to be sent to Hiroshima, the takuhaybin service is quick, efficient and cheap.

Compared with such personal service, it would make no sense for me at all to buy my supplies from the US, even from someone I know, like Hiroshi Ikeda. So I am wondering why you went to the expense of ordering from Iwata, when there are suppliers in the US that are as good and also cheaper.

Best wishes,

PAG

Quote:
Duy Trinh wrote: View Post
So I placed an order with the company and their shipping charge is really expensive, 8000 JPY for a gi top and a belt. Plus they asked if they should send the order as "merchandize" or "gift" and if it's sent as "merchandize", I'd have to pay another 5000 JPY for a "certificate of origin"... WTF?!? That's like $152 just for shipping and handling. That's outragous!!!

P A Goldsbury
Old 10-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Tinyboy344

United_States

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
It makes perfect sense for me to buy my keikogi etc from Iwata. When I go to Tokyo, I can visit the store, have some tea and a chat, and order exactly what I want. If my orders have to be sent to Hiroshima, the takuhaybin service is quick, efficient and cheap.

Compared with such personal service, it would make no sense for me at all to buy my supplies from the US, even from someone I know, like Hiroshi Ikeda. So I am wondering why you went to the expense of ordering from Iwata, when there are suppliers in the US that are as good and also cheaper.

Best wishes,

PAG
Thank you professor. That's the question I asked myself after I confirmed the purchase. Too late