Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #76
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: What kind of "spiraling" does Aikido have?

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
I will kindly decline your offer that does not interest me and yes, I will continue teaching.
No problem. Do as you can do. Despite all your claims to have learned so much from Ushiro, you have yet to contribute to the substance of the O.T., Marc. What do you think?

Mike Sigman
Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #77
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

this thread is spiraling out of control. come on people! everyone knows that there is spiraling in aikido; otherwise, we would be wearing the skirt so we could have a Marilyn Monroe moment, right? especially when we have so much hot air blowing here. ooohhh that reminds me, i need to shave my legs. harry legs would definitely affecting the whole spiral stuffs, because of too much wind drag and all.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #78
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
this thread is spiraling out of control. come on people! everyone knows that there is spiraling in aikido; otherwise, we would be wearing the skirt so we could have a Marilyn Monroe moment, right? especially when we have so much hot air blowing here. ooohhh that reminds me, i need to shave my legs. harry legs would definitely affecting the whole spiral stuffs, because of too much wind drag and all.
I think a number of us are praying for closure. Mark Murray took the thread out of control so from here on it's "How many posts can you squeak in before Jun locks the thread".

All in Good Fun.

Mike
Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #79
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
I dunno, my mental image just made me think there might be a whole new kind of no-touch throw discovered here. Combined with your many past comments regarding the joys of cabbage, my mind is whirring with other possibilities too!

Gambarimashyo!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #80
stan baker
Wake Island

Mike
You are a joke you do not know chen taiji and you do not know his
students. When Wang comes to my place this fall come on over we will see what he thinks.

stan
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #81
mathewjgano

United_States

What does one say to this? I'm caught between laughing and sighing. It's getting frustrating to hear the same bullshit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
I know I don't exactly command respect from you guys, but please quit it with the needling bullshit. What f-ing point are you trying to serve? You're not only wasting your time, but other people's. Is this some sort of ploy to keep people from having an interest in these discussions, because despite my usual gluttony for punishment, I'm losing interest and respect.
For what little it's apparently worth,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #82
Janet Rosen

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I dunno, my mental image just made me think there might be a whole new kind of no-touch throw discovered here. Combined with your many past comments regarding the joys of cabbage, my mind is whirring with other possibilities too!
Sheesh maybe I should just post my kimchee recipe here....

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #83
Lorel Latorilla
Japan

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Nor in yours...Make no mistake If there is one consistency in every negative attack posted here in the last three years in any thread you've posted in or started it's that you're an active participant.

On my ignore list from this point forward.

William Hazen
Plus 1!

Unless stated otherwise, all wisdom, follies, harshness, malice that may spring up from my writing are attributable only to me.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #84
mathewjgano

United_States

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
Sheesh maybe I should just post my kimchee recipe here....
I think it might be more fruitful! Kimchee kimchee, the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you...generate, uh, internal forces.
By the way, thank you for the levity, Janet and Phi. I might be a bit more susceptible to these games than usual. I don't get much sleep these days and my wife tells me I'm a little less perfect (not her exact words ) when I'm sleep deprived.

Last edited by mathewjgano : 08-08-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Gambarimashyo!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #85
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England

Quote:
What does one say to this? I'm caught between laughing and sighing. It's getting frustrating to hear the same bullshit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
I know I don't exactly command respect from you guys, but please quit it with the needling bullshit. What f-ing point are you trying to serve? You're not only wasting your time, but other people's. Is this some sort of ploy to keep people from having an interest in these discussions, because despite my usual gluttony for punishment, I'm losing interest and respect.
For what little it's apparently worth,
Matt
Matthew. Just look at it as a whirlwind romance.

Regards.G.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #86
Thomas Campbell

Quote:
Is this some sort of ploy to keep people from having an interest in these discussions
D'oh. They are trying to keep the secrets under the guise of open discussions pockmarked by faux politesse and paralyzed by personal rancor.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #87
dps

Quote:
Lorel Latorilla wrote: View Post
Plus 1!
Plus 2 for both of them.

dps

Go ahead, tread on me.