Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Marketplace

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
New 3 DVD Set - Aikido The Power of the Mind

Aikido -- The Power of the Mind -- 2007
This is our newest title and the third in the "Principles of Aiki Series". It focuses directly on the importance of energetic or mental aspect of aiki. Filmed at a seminar on the Fall of 2007, it offers 3 DVD's in which I attempt to distill the information I have gleaned from my teachers, Saotome Sensei and Ikeda Sensei into a step by step, comprehensible and duplicate-able form. The concepts I have been exposed to through association with several teachers I first encountered at the three Aiki Expos (Ushiro Kenji, Tetsugen Kuroda, and Vladimir Vasiliev) helped me put together a principles based explanation of what my teachers are doing. Application of these principles are independent of "style" and any Aikido practitioner should find them useful.
New - 2007 Aikido - The Power of the Mind

Previous titles in the series:

2005 -- Principles of Aiki
This 3 DVD set covers the principles I set out in my article "What is Aiki" which can be found at What is Aiki? - Article
It covers a body centered approach to the interaction between the two partners at work in every Aikido technique. A great starting point.

2005 - Principles of Aiki

2006 -- Seminar on "Entries"
This 3 DVD set focuses specifically on the aspect of the technique which is the most important, the "entry". It takes the principles outlined in the 2005 -- Principles of Aiki set and shows how they apply in the instant the two partners come together, at the moment of contact. It explains the psychology and geometry involved in "irmi" and shows how a successful irimi functions to "fool" the perception of the attacker. All of the standard "entries" used in our kihon waza are contained.

2006 - Seminar on "Entries"

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com