Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
lipyeow
Sam Chin Workshop in Honolulu Sep 3-4 2011

Inaugural I Liq Chuan workshop by Master Sam F. S. Chin in Honolulu, Hawaii

September 3-4, 2011 (Labor day weekend).

Registration info available at:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183637858352643

I have yet to encounter someone who can explain and demonstrate internal principles as clearly and deeply as Sifu Sam. This workshop is not to be missed.

Lipyeow
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
lipyeow
Re: Sam Chin Workshop in Honolulu Sep 3-4 2011

Hello folks,

The past couple of months have seen Dan Harden, Mike Sigman giving workshops in Honolulu. No doubt some of you are financially exhausted, but please consider meeting Sam Chin and attending the workshop.

There will be an open mat event on Friday Sep 2 that is free-of-charge, so i would encourage all to come, meet Sam and touch hands with him.

The details of the two events can be found on the following facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Liq-...0969?sk=events

I will need a head count for the workshop soon, so please register ASAP.

Lipyeow
Old 09-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
lipyeow

Sifu Sam Chin's inaugural workshop in Honolulu went quite well the past weekend. Since the I Liq Chuan student base is somewhat small in Honolulu, this workshop would not have been possible without the help of several (groups of) people and I would like to express my thanks and gratitude here.

Dan Harden was most gracious to encourage the aikidokas that train with him to attend the workshop and experience Sifu Sam.

The aikidokas that participated in the workshop, especially Chris Li who helped to spread the word and who provided advice with local arrangements

Last, but not least, the out-of-state I Liq Chuan students from New York, California and Oregon, who came out here to attend and support the workshop.

We will work together on getting Sifu Sam to come visit Honolulu again next year.

Lipyeow
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
Lipyeow Lim wrote: View Post
Sifu Sam Chin's inaugural workshop in Honolulu went quite well the past weekend. Since the I Liq Chuan student base is somewhat small in Honolulu, this workshop would not have been possible without the help of several (groups of) people and I would like to express my thanks and gratitude here.

Dan Harden was most gracious to encourage the aikidokas that train with him to attend the workshop and experience Sifu Sam.

The aikidokas that participated in the workshop, especially Chris Li who helped to spread the word and who provided advice with local arrangements

Last, but not least, the out-of-state I Liq Chuan students from New York, California and Oregon, who came out here to attend and support the workshop.

We will work together on getting Sifu Sam to come visit Honolulu again next year.

Lipyeow
I and my guys had a great time. Sam is an excellent instructor and just wonderful personally - open and friendly and very straight forward.

Thanks and kudos to Lipyeow for putting all of it together, we're already looking forward to next year!

Best,

Chris

Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
MM
United_States

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I and my guys had a great time. Sam is an excellent instructor and just wonderful personally - open and friendly and very straight forward.

Thanks and kudos to Lipyeow for putting all of it together, we're already looking forward to next year!

Best,

Chris
I've heard a lot of great things about Sam. Glad to hear he exceeds them.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post

Best,

Chris
Just to note - there are a bunch of pictures up on the Gallery page at http://www.aikidosangenkai.org

Best,

Chris

Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
lipyeow

if only pictures were able to convey the feel ...

Lipyeow