Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-02-2002, 07:32 AM   #1
Mathias

Dojo: Meiseikai
Ichiro Shishiya sensei

Hello all.
In two weeks i will go to a week long seminar with Ichiro Shishiya sensei. I have tried to search the web for info about him but havenīt really found much. So what can you guys tell me about him?

/ Mathias

http://www.sundsvallsbudoklubb.com/a...ishiya_eng.pdf
Old 06-02-2002, 07:42 AM   #2
jimbaker
Dojo: Aikido of Norfolk/ Aikido Society of Memphis
Antarctica
Re: Ichiro Shishiya sensei

Quote:
Originally posted by Mathias
Hello all.
In two weeks i will go to a week long seminar with Ichiro Shishiya sensei. I have tried to search the web for info about him but havenīt really found much. So what can you guys tell me about him?

/ Mathias
He has a web site: http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~bk2i-ssy/

jim baker
Old 06-02-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Anne
Dojo: Kiel University/VfL Fosite Helgoland
He's a very kind and patient teacher with a great sense of humor on the mat as well as on after-training parties...And, he's going to hold a seminar in Kiel right after the one in Sweden.

Have fun training,
Anne

"You have to do difficult things to grow." (Shoji Nishio Sensei)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Himawan Sharief
Dojo: Jakarta Aikido Dojo
Indonesia

Dear All,

I also interest with this Shishiya Sensei . I've joined with Aikido in Jakarta, and willing to invite Shishiya Sensei to held a seminar (kind of seminar actually).

After all, I can't found the contact of Shishiya Sensei nor his email. So can you guys advise me about the procedure to invite him?

Many Thanks

Rgds,
Himawan
Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines

Shishiya Sensei's email address is on his website.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~bk2i-ssy/english.html
It is: shishiya@tokyo.email.ne.jp

Hope this helps

Inocencio Maramba, MD, MSc
Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido

Quote:
Mathias Lindqvist wrote: View Post
Hello all.

/ Mathias

http://www.sundsvallsbudoklubb.com/a...ishiya_eng.pdf
When you go to his website, don't fail to look at these.
http://www.akibach.com/aiki/

I found these about two years ago and have been studying them ever since.
Jorge

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #7
Mathias

Dojo: Meiseikai

Wow this is an old thread i donīt even remember starting.

I have been training for Shishiya sensei since my first seminar with him in 2002 and have also travelled to Japan to train for him.

Shishiya sensei is a excelent teacher and a truly wonderfull man. I advice everyone who has a chance to experience his unique Aikido to do so.

And by the way Jorge, you can see me taking ukemi for sensei in some of those videos.

/Mathias

Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Mathias Lindqvist wrote: View Post
Wow this is an old thread i donīt even remember starting.

I have been training for Shishiya sensei since my first seminar with him in 2002 and have also travelled to Japan to train for him.

Shishiya sensei is a excelent teacher and a truly wonderfull man. I advice everyone who has a chance to experience his unique Aikido to do so.

And by the way Jorge, you can see me taking ukemi for sensei in some of those videos.

/Mathias
The quality and length of the segments are excellent and they come across great on my computer unlike so many things on the internet. I really like what he says (in the english interpretations) and have learned some really cool moves from watching him.
Jorge

Old 01-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States

Quote:
Jorge Garcia wrote: View Post
The quality and length of the segments are excellent and they come across great on my computer unlike so many things on the internet. I really like what he says (in the english interpretations) and have learned some really cool moves from watching him.
Jorge
Shishiya Sensei is truely one of Nishio Shihan's better students and is known for his big flowing movements. Those vids were a joy to watch and a good reminder of the practical application of Aikido's philosphy. A tiny quibble for me would be that the Uke's were dead looking down at thier feet poor posture and letting thier off hand flail at the side instead of bringing it in to the chest ready to strike. If you're using those to study Jorge you might be mindful of that. I see you are down in Tejas and if you're interested we do have a Nishio affliated sister Dojo in San Antonio.

http://www.aikipeace.com/aikido/index.html. Drop in if you get the chance.

William Hazen
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Shishiya Sensei is truely one of Nishio Shihan's better students and is known for his big flowing movements. Those vids were a joy to watch and a good reminder of the practical application of Aikido's philosphy. A tiny quibble for me would be that the Uke's were dead looking down at thier feet poor posture and letting thier off hand flail at the side instead of bringing it in to the chest ready to strike. If you're using those to study Jorge you might be mindful of that. I see you are down in Tejas and if you're interested we do have a Nishio affliated sister Dojo in San Antonio.

http://www.aikipeace.com/aikido/index.html. Drop in if you get the chance.

William Hazen
I know John Bollinger. He has been to our seminars and I need to attend one of his next time. Others from that dojo have visited us as well but I have never made it over since I don't often have occasion to go over there but I will make the effort.
Thanks,
Jorge