Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-05-2002, 08:56 PM   #1
cbrf4zr2
One thing NOT to do before a test....

I've never been one to get stressed out over a test (any test - even final exams) and so the testing usually is not on my mind. It's not a test in my mind, it's more of a review...until my last test - 2nd Kyu. That was a test, not because I didn't know the techniques, not because I couldn't answer the verbal questions, not because I wasn't prepared. But because of losing focus and not preparing myself physically before the test. I'm also taking flying lessons, and right now I'm juggling both Aikido, and flying, and of course I have to pay for all this, so I have my job as well. So my Aikido test is on a Friday evening, like all of them are in our Dojo, and the day of my test I scheduled a flying lesson over an extended lunch hour and skipped eating. I normally do not eat breakfast, which I did not do on Friday. On Thursday I was also busy with a few other things, so I did not eat dinner as well.

So test time comes, and I step onto the mat, and realize..."I haven't eaten anything except a snack bag of chips, and a snack pack of pudding since my lunch on Thursday!"

Always, Always, Always eat something the day of your testing...oh did I mention I also was Uke for 2 tests before mine that same night?

Took my body nearly 2 weeks to recover, and get back to 100%.

...then again, that's just me.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
suebailey
England
u should know that u always eat before any exercise excspecisally a big test u fool :0)

did u pass?

with out the heart there can be no understanding between body and mind and if u have never linked ur self to true emptiness you will never comprehend the full dimension of aikido.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #3
cbrf4zr2
Yes - I passed, of course all it means is that I have more responsibility in the Dojo than I did before.

...then again, that's just me.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:07 PM   #4
Jermaine Alley
Dojo: Aikido Of Richmond
Thumbs down Grub before Class

I hope that you did well on your test. I have a tricky stomach, meaning at some of the worst times (yes in class) i get the worst cases of gas.

I am one to want to have something on my stomach before i get on the mat, but nothing to heavy cuz it will surely come back to haunt me at the worst time.

Why can't someone at Bujin design a hakama to conceal or refreshen gas?

Take care and congratulations.....