Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Zoe
Dojo: Currently relocating
United_States
4 day Internal, Aiki intensive at Dan's dojo Aug. 23-26

From Dan's site (with permission)

Quote:
Due to unforeseen circumstances I am going to be sticking closer to home this summer. I am proposing to do 4 day in-house intensives here at Shugyo dojo. The dojo is on my property. I am going to limit it to 16 participants at a time. I can let a few stay at the house, others can find very cheap lodging a few minutes away. We can all eat here at night together or go out.
For those who might want to plan some fun activities around a trip here; We can travel together or you can go alone. There is Boston of course, an hour away. There is also an historic village (Sturbridge village in Sturbridge Ma.) fifteen minutes away.
I am proposing to offer theintensive around a lengthy weekend stay.

Proposed schedule August 23-26
Friday to Monday
Training hours
Friday:
9-12 (Review and individual assessment testing, individualized program for targeted areas needed for each person)
Lunch
2-5 (Review and assessment of understanding and progress, individual drills)
Dinner
7-9 (Solo training, and Weapons basics

Saturday:
9-12 (Questions and answer review, Solo training for many including new exercises)
Lunch
2-5 (paired static training, review of progress)
Dinner
7-9 (Weapons-kata basics)

Sunday:
9-12 (Paired combination "motion" drills as a precursor to intent in all application)
Lunch
2-5 (expanded motion drills. Review of progress)
Dinner
7-9 (Weapons-kata and IP application)

Monday:
9-12 (Review of "motion" drills. Application of IP)
Lunch
2-5 (Applications)
Dinner
7-9 (Weapons-review and understanding)

Special notes:
This will be an extremely detailed hands-on session with me, morning till late at night. And as it is in my home- a very personal experience.For the first time, this session will be filmed

Costs $400.00 for four days.
I am also going to reserve the Thursday before and the Tuesday after for personal training on a one-on-one Cost is $60 per hour.

Future events will include bladesmithing demonstrations, cutting demonstrations, and introductions to forging
Contact
Dojoseminars@gmail.com
Payment to PayPal; homeoffice@charter.net