Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #126
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Saotome Sensei's Training History

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
There are too many of us who are resolved and understand the nature of the work, and it's place in history, its place in the arts and how it effects Aikido, to squander my time with just anybody.
Dan
i was worry for awhile there. thank god i wasn't in the anybody category, but in the nobody category which should be ok, right? see, you should have stuck to the nobody group, since we have no beef, no care, no how and no nevermind.

some folks looked at historical information as some sort of insult, personal affront. others looked at historical information as something to study, to analyze and learn from the past in order to plot a course for the future. one man's insult is another man's insight. one man's trash is another man's meal. one man's foot is another man's up.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org

Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #127
DH
United_States

Quote:
Cliff Judge wrote: View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote:
I am merely trying to say that it would be nice if all the insults, stated directly or implied, would stop.
There is a really simple way to obtain these results, Ken. It's called stop posting.
I had a post with all of his insults to a host of people, as well as a protracted series of his personal attacks all cut and pasted into a list almost done... when I realized it wouldn't matter at all. I think what is going on here is transparent enough.

Dan

Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #128
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I had a post with all of his insults to a host of people, as well as a protracted series of his personal attacks all cut and pasted into a list almost done... when I realized it wouldn't matter at all. I think what is going on here is transparent enough.

Dan
PLEASE, PLEASE POST IT! If nothing else, it will help highlight the double standards that are applied in regards to conduct on this forum by certain people.

Marc Abrams

Old 12-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #129
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE POST IT! If nothing else, it will help highlight the double standards that are applied in regards to conduct on this forum by certain people.

Marc Abrams
I think he's right though, it's like trying to hold a discussion with a pig. You never really get anywhere, and it annoys the pig .

Best,

Chris

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #130
DH
United_States

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post

Marc Abrams
Nope. As I said it is pointless.
I have had eleven threads started using my name to go after me personally. Not what I said, not what I do...me.
I have been threatened to be sued, along with anyone in Aikido who hosted me, called a con man and a snake oil salesman, Called a fraud and a liar when I was thee only one actually telling the truth...had threads started about how much I make, being hounded and chased through thread after thread by a few people....on and on.

I have no say here. I just try to get people to present something, anything to support their statements other than "Because my teachers told me so." in all of the discussions here.
With this thread? Saotome is one of the good guys!! So one of his own making such a mess in a misguided attempt to defend a guy who needs none is particularly embarrasing and sad.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 12-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #131
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
I think he's right though, it's like trying to hold a discussion with a pig. You never really get anywhere, and it annoys the pig .

Best,

Chris
Chris:

When we are done talking to the pig, we have a Luau !

Marc Abrams

Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #132
DH
United_States

Well, I can see where the motive was sound. The methodology and follow through just fell apart and squandered what would have ended as a fair and balanced discussion. Most all of us have trained under Japanese Shihan. We all get it, we know the drill. This was never a big deal to anyone and there was no defense ever needed.

Well, for the little that it mattered, now everyone knows what I think of Saotome's skills compared to others! I am quite sure I am going to pay for that comment sooner or later.
Dan

Last edited by DH : 12-06-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #133
akiy

It looks like this thread has run its course.

Thread closed.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Closed Thread