Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-13-2000, 06:35 PM   #1
Norman
"Norman"
IP Hash: 82e59966
Anonymous User
To fit a rigorous training schedule; Jogging daily, strength training every other day, and matrial training daily, what kinds of foods should I be looking for ?

Basically so far my diet is like this:

Breakfast;
A (big)bowl or two of cherios or corn flakes and some orange juice, sometimes ill have a bagel or eggs

Lunch;
For work I am usually on the road alot so I stop at little luch places around the towns I am in. so anything thats on the menu usually Chicken parmesian, pork cutlet, maybe a turkey sub things like that.

Dinner;
This ones tough.
Spagetti, a sandwich, chicken etc...

Some background on me
I am Twenty Two years old and have allways been active. I have been involved in martial arts since about eight years old, but they were at those kenpo dojo's that didnt teach much other that getting a belt whenever my parents made a few payments. Later my family didnt have the extra money to spend so I started work at Fourteen and paid my way. I couldnt afford to keep going the way I was so I learned to be frugal. I would take advantage of the speacials that dojos would offer. Buy two months get the third free (new students only) so I went from dojo to dojo trying to get as much training as I could for my limited money. Any extra funds I had went into buying books (spiritual books mainly) I was going through a time of spiritual exploration.
So with influence from a lot of different styles, and alot of different spiritual influence I was looking for a more serious dojo, but couldnt find what I was looking for.

I have been working full time for two years and not having much time to spend on training, or anything for that matter. But now I have made a decision that 40 hours a week is enough, no more 60+ I need the time to myself

So I did some research, and found that there was an Aikido school in boston. Great ! From the phillosophy alone I love Aikido. And started to train again but have found that I really need to eat properly

The above diet is what I am eating now (I am too embarrased to post what I was eating before !)
Is there anything that I am missing ? I am ignorant twards nutrition
Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Norm

"We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the I behind the EYE that does the seeing"
Old 06-15-2000, 09:24 AM   #2
akiy

Quote:
Originally posted by Norman
To fit a rigorous training schedule; Jogging daily, strength training every other day, and matrial training daily, what kinds of foods should I be looking for ?
I think what you wrote sounds pretty good. I think a diet is something that is very personal in that each person needs something different.

Some people seem to get along OK with the kind of diet you have. Others seem to function a lot better when they take out wheat/dairy/meat/etc from their diet. And so on.

I think the best diet is the one that makes you feel good throughout the day in all of your activities.

Quote:

So I did some research, and found that there was an Aikido school in boston. Great !
There are actually a few good schools in the Boston area. You can look for them using the AikiWeb Dojo Search Engine. I've only trained at Shobu Aikido of Boston, but I've heard good things about New England Aikikai, too.

Let us know how your training goes!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 06-15-2000, 03:40 PM   #3
SimonW11
Dojo: Bristol University Dojo
Sound reasonable but I would add oily fish about three times a week.
Fresh fruit with your meals.

and watch your red meat/animal fat intake.

Simon

Simon