Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
MikeMoazami
United Kingdom
Blush! Tozando Hakama Weight

Hi,
I have bought tozando's 16200 yen cotton hakama and am getting quite concerned that it is going to be really light and flimsy. Can anyone comment from personal experience how heavy it is?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

P.S. This is my first post!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: Tozando Hakama Weight

Hi Mike,

When I lived in Japan I used to work for Tozando. You got to trust me on this: I went to work for them because their products are so good. I'm not saying their products are good because I used to work for them.

The hakama you got will certainly be heavy enough for training of any kind - you need not worry that it's going to weak, light, fragile, or flimsy. It is not one of those little thin cheapo hakama you see coming out of a jo-blow massive martial arts catalog. I cannot give you the exact weight but if you email Tozando and ask them they will provide you with that information. I'd ask for the weight of two hakama - maybe three (so you can get a sense of how heavy yours is). Get the weight for the indigo hakama and maybe the next expensive regular cotton hakama - plus yours. To the best of my recollection - the hakama you ordered is actually their heaviest (however I am not sure how heavy those man-made fabrics are since I was never into them personally - yet - when somone was wearing one on the mat I always found myself saying, "Wow - that looks really nice!" lol)

best of luck,
dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
MikeMoazami
United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks alot you have more than put my mind to rest. You say you used to work for Tozando I would love to hear what that was like!

Yours sincerely,

Mike
Old 02-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
MikeMoazami
United Kingdom
Smile Re: Tozando Hakama Weight

Hi again just to say that I recieved my hakama today and am exceptionally happy with the quality as the cotton one {I ordered the tetoron one aswell} is as heavy as my gi {karate-heavyweight} I am definatly buying from them again!

Yours sincerely,

Mike
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States

Hi Mike,

That is great to hear - I'm glad you like them both.

It was very nice to work for Tozando - I made some good friendships with the folks and those friendships are still going strong. :-)

take care,
dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.