Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Training

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Melchizedek

Dojo: Phil. Aikikai/Santiago Aikido Club
Philippines
training + instinct = trance

Hi I am John as they call me in my early days at school and my mom use calls me Mickey, i been training various martial arts at the age of six until today,

and i find Aikido most fitting to my personality and the spirit of the art.talking about its roots from the teacher of O`Sensie, Sukaku Takeda Sensie a significant Man in all Martial art in the world today and even in full-contact sports.

Aikido has a deeper meaning to all the martial arts I have encountered with spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally. it puts you to the state of being calm in all situations, to think fast and your body reacts upon instinct, like how the hell did i do that! and stay cool.

like when I was still practicing Hard ukemi waza in Aikido. in the Philipines We ride Jeepney (a public transportation) as a chance passenger you need to hang at the back of the jeep in order not to be late at our session and unluckily i hang on to an old smoke belching jeepneey... as a hanging bar around the top of the rear ceiling of the roof of the jeep, witch i held on to a rusty old bar just snaps when the drivers accelerates we four hanging fell to the hard pavement luckily it was my instinct to do side fall smoothly rock back at my feet and run stride three steps forward and grab at the lower side bars of the jeep and i said to my self i need to be there in time im Senie`s Ukemi and slightly grin at my lips and rides straight to quiapo and made it 5 mins. early than the exact time of our Aikido session.

thats 10-12 kilometers ride taft Ave. to Quiapo the jeep did`nt stopped regarding the traffic lights. now thats Aikido experience, whats YOURS??
Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: training + instinct = trance

nothing like that! thanks for sharing!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Melchizedek

Philippines

how about a grenade explodes 4 meters in front of you luckily it roll smoothly to a predicament and the explosions impact, raptures your vascular, and both your eyes bleed cant see a thing and bells ringing at your ears and back roll into a prone position and wash my eyes to clear out the blood.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
GMaroda
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido
United_States

Heh, I don't think I've had any quite as exciting! But I did protect myself in a straight back fall on hard pavement when roller blading for the first time!

Helmets? Who needs helmets!?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Araneta Melchizedek wrote: View Post
Hi I am John as they call me in my early days at school and my mom use calls me Mickey, i been training various martial arts at the age of six until today,

and i find Aikido most fitting to my personality and the spirit of the art.talking about its roots from the teacher of O`Sensie, Sukaku Takeda Sensie a significant Man in all Martial art in the world today and even in full-contact sports.

Aikido has a deeper meaning to all the martial arts I have encountered with spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally. it puts you to the state of being calm in all situations, to think fast and your body reacts upon instinct, like how the hell did i do that! and stay cool.

like when I was still practicing Hard ukemi waza in Aikido. in the Philipines We ride Jeepney (a public transportation) as a chance passenger you need to hang at the back of the jeep in order not to be late at our session and unluckily i hang on to an old smoke belching jeepneey... as a hanging bar around the top of the rear ceiling of the roof of the jeep, witch i held on to a rusty old bar just snaps when the drivers accelerates we four hanging fell to the hard pavement luckily it was my instinct to do side fall smoothly rock back at my feet and run stride three steps forward and grab at the lower side bars of the jeep and i said to my self i need to be there in time im Senie`s Ukemi and slightly grin at my lips and rides straight to quiapo and made it 5 mins. early than the exact time of our Aikido session.

thats 10-12 kilometers ride taft Ave. to Quiapo the jeep did`nt stopped regarding the traffic lights. now thats Aikido experience, whats YOURS??
I rode those Jeepneys as well when I was in the PI with the Navy and they certainly can present an adventurous and hazardous experience

Greg Steckel
Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
Melchizedek

Philippines

精神力(せいしんりょく)
Old 01-24-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
Eugene Leslie

Canada

Quote:
Araneta Melchizedek wrote: View Post
how about a grenade explodes 4 meters in front of you luckily it roll smoothly to a predicament and the explosions impact, raptures your vascular, and both your eyes bleed cant see a thing and bells ringing at your ears and back roll into a prone position and wash my eyes to clear out the blood.
Hey, didn't I have tea with you and MacAurthur on Corregidor?

Self-discipline is the chief element of self-esteem; and self-esteem the chief element of courage. Thucydides
Old 01-24-2010, 05:52 AM   #8
SeiserL

United_States

While the 3 words in the subject get my attention, I have no idea what is being asked or discussed here.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!