Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Prescott Bridge Seminar - Sept 6th - 9th

Arizona Aikido will host the annual Prescott Bridge Seminar in Prescott Arizona

Roster:
Hiroshi Ikeda, Mary Heiny, George Ledyard, Lia Suzuki, and Roger Fenneman

3000 Spence Springs Road
Prescott, AZ 86305

Registration and Info

Pdf Flyer

Prescott Bridge Seminar on Facebook

Last edited by George S. Ledyard : 07-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
George S. Ledyard

Re: Prescott Bridge Seminar - Sept 6th - 9th

Tentative Schedule for the Prescott Bridge Seminar

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 07-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
MM
United_States

If you're undecided, I would suggest going.

Personal experiences:

Ikeda - Made over and above effort to get his hands on every attendee and work with them. Is doing some great stuff. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Sometimes struggles with language barrier but makes a strong, honest effort to try to explain what he's doing.

Heiny - Wonderful teacher. Very perceptive eye on what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Very good at explaining what to do and how to do it. Is doing some great stuff.

Ledyard - Of the three, I have only had a very brief time on the mat with George and it was outside of aikido. But, I will say that he was friendly, dedicated, and hard working. There was no ego, no trappings of rank. He had a genuine smile and a sharp mind. So, while I can't say anything about his aikido because I haven't had the fortune, yet, to experience it ... I can say that if the short time I was able to train with him is any indication of his skills and abilities in the aikido world, I think you'd find yourself in more than capable hands with George -- as an aikidoka, as a teacher, and as a person.

Not a seminar to miss with these three.

It really is a good time in the US for martial arts right now. We have a lot of great teachers out there. It's very much worth getting out and experiencing them.

Mark
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
cguzik

Mark, George Sensei, (or anyone else who has been that wants to chime in),

What's the lodging like? (Cabins, dorm-style rooms, with or without room-mates, etc?). I have been to some camps with dorm-style rooms where attendees should bring their own sleeping bag or bedding... just wondering if that's the case for this camp?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
cguzik

Quote:
Chris Guzik wrote: View Post
Mark, George Sensei, (or anyone else who has been that wants to chime in),

What's the lodging like? (Cabins, dorm-style rooms, with or without room-mates, etc?). I have been to some camps with dorm-style rooms where attendees should bring their own sleeping bag or bedding... just wondering if that's the case for this camp?

Thanks,

Chris
For those interested, I just found the answer to the above question at http://www.azaikido.com/
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Ikeda - Made over and above effort to get his hands on every attendee and work with them. Is doing some great stuff. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Sometimes struggles with language barrier but makes a strong, honest effort to try to explain what he's doing.

Heiny - Wonderful teacher. Very perceptive eye on what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. Very connected body and can take center on contact. Very good at explaining what to do and how to do it. Is doing some great stuff.

Ledyard - Of the three, I have only had a very brief time on the mat with George and it was outside of aikido. But, I will say that he was friendly, dedicated, and hard working. There was no ego, no trappings of rank. He had a genuine smile and a sharp mind. So, while I can't say anything about his aikido because I haven't had the fortune, yet, to experience it ... I can say that if the short time I was able to train with him is any indication of his skills and abilities in the aikido world, I think you'd find yourself in more than capable hands with George -- as an aikidoka, as a teacher, and as a person.

Mark
second. uke for all three at one time or another. can't go wrong with anyone of them. unfortunately i burned my annual allowances attending seminars with two of the three. so many people to see, so little time and money. for folks in the vicinity, you have no idea how lucky you are.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
Chris Guzik wrote: View Post
For those interested, I just found the answer to the above question at http://www.azaikido.com/
This is definitely a "rustic" experience. This is held at a church camp and there are cabins which you share with roommates. It's a great way to meet or hang with friends. It's not ideal for couples... Genie and I typically stay in town (Prescott). Last year we actually stayed in the hotel at which the dinner / dance party was held and that was great because we didn't have to drive when the part ended (we closed down the dancing, of course).

Food is standard cafeteria quality food. If yo are picky, you can stay in town. But if not, staying in a cabin and eating in the dining hall makes this one of the most economical events of the type you could go to. Basically, once you are there, there's no need to spend any additional money at all.

- George

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 08-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
George S. Ledyard

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
If you're undecided, I would suggest going.

Personal experiences:

Not a seminar to miss with these three.

It really is a good time in the US for martial arts right now. We have a lot of great teachers out there. It's very much worth getting out and experiencing them.

Mark
Don't forget Lia Suzuki Sensei... she is a senior student of Takeda Yoshinobu Shihan. Takeda Sensei is one of the most senior students of the great Yamaguchi Sensei and he has a very interesting take on Aikido. Lia Sensei is a really excellent instructor and does a fabulous job of presenting the Aikido of her teacher.

Also, Roger Fenneman is a Chinese martial arts teacher and does some great classes. I have really enjoyed the classes I did with him.

Overall, this is one of the great events of the year. It's excellent training and one of the most fun events I attend.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com