Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Zoe
Dojo: Currently relocating
United_States
An open letter From Dan about his schedule

From Dan Harden's website (with permission)

Quote:
I want to apologize to all my friends and supporters for my absence. I find myself stuck between wanting to explain the extremely difficult circumstance I find myself and my family in, but out of love and propriety wanting to preserve the dignity of my family and keep things private. There are those very close to me who know the details and the pressure I am facing.
I find myself in an almost untenable situation in which I am disappointing many people who are struggling to continue to support me and my efforts. I cannot begin to express my own sadness and disappointment at not being able to be there and for having to cancel events. This has been the most emotional and stressful time of my entire life. To be clear, I am well aware that I have made some decisions that blew up in my face, and my communications (or lack thereof) have been truly awful. More detailed explanations may mitigate some of the disappointment and those will have to remain and happen more on a one-to-one basis.
I wish to express my gratefulness to all of those who have chosen to stick with me and forgive the failures on my end. To those who have chosen to end our relations, you have my sincerest apologies and I wish you well in the future.

Germany and Netherlands
I am going to be emailing everyone involved with a copy of this letter as well as a plan to re-schedule the event or reimburse the fee. I will publish a list of dates and allow the majority of those still interested to decide which dates are manageable. I will be diligent in pursuing a line of steady communication after July 7th 2013

Hawaii
Hawaii in July is canceled. I Will make the Dec 7th date.

The rest of the fall schedule is a go.

The current plan
The good news is that this should be coming to a certain level of sustainable management by the end of next week. In the interim, I am choosing to stick closer to home in between the few summer seminars I have. I will be sending out a proposal for summer training intensives here at my dojo later today.

Again I wish to offer all my humblest apologies as I pick up the pieces and move forward.
Dan Harden
Old 06-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: An open letter From Dan about his schedule

Quote:
Zoe Botnaro wrote: View Post
Hawaii
Hawaii in July is canceled. I Will make the Dec 7th date.
If anybody's tired of winter on the mainland - December is a great time to come to Hawaii.

Best,

Chris

Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: An open letter From Dan about his schedule

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
If anybody's tired of winter on the mainland - December is a great time to come to Hawaii.

Best,

Chris
Chris:

If you need someone to come out there in July and tell you how you've gotten better and that you still suck, just let me know.....

Marc Abrams