Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
soupdragon1973
Dojo: Hallam Aikido, Sheffield
United Kingdom
hello all

Hello my name is Alex but you can call me Soupdragon if you wish haha. I got into Aikido only four weeks ago, I actually came to it via a 'Mcdojo' I was involved with here in Sheffield (thankfully not for too long) where I saw a demonstration of it and a light bulb clicked in my head! I hate to sound cliched but it was the flow of it that I liked, also I thought it had a beauty to it. It wasnt Steven Seagal who brought me to it. I personally think his movies suck although I understand he brought alot of people to the art and he is great at what he does. Except acting.

I am 39 soon to be 40, I came into martial arts late in life. I took them up to help me focus and deal with my stress. I had a go at Judo tonight, first time in 31 years. Its tough going and I see it more as a sport. I dont like it as much as Aikido, none of the flow and grace of Aikido. I still like Judo but its not much fun slamming my spine into the mat haha!

Hope as a newbie to both this forum and Aikido I can make some new friends. I have an open mind to learn and hear peoples opinions. I mean what do I know, only been doing it for four weeks! I do love what I have seen and practiced and it has lead me to meditate also as I see that as useful in martial arts, life and Aikido. I also like the ettiqutte and Japanese side of Aikido. I would like to learn more about Shinto and Ueshiba. I got The Art Of Peace by Ueshiba from the library. I must admit I have so much admiration for him from what I have read about him so far, very interesting.

Thanks for reading. Alex
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
akiy

Re: hello all

Hi Alex,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
Nozza74
England
Re: hello all

Hi Alex
I hope you are well
I live and train near Hull so it would be great to hear from you
Take care and enjoy Aikido

Graham ...