Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
iHeretic
United Kingdom
Nine Circles Aikido and Ju Jutsu Gi

http://www.ninecircles.co.uk/items.asp?CatID=28

Does anyone have any experience of Nine Circles clothing? I'm particularly interested in the Aikido Gi (duh) and Hakama (for the future).

Cheers,
B

Testis sum agni
Old 10-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
justin
United Kingdom
Re: Nine Circles Aikido and Ju Jutsu Gi

i now have two of these gi,s and find them awsome they fit very well wash well and dont hold my sweat when you have a hard workout very pleased with them.

good company to deal with as well turned up within 24 hours.

(nope i dont work for them reads like an advert i know just very pleased with the company in this day and age doesnt happen often)
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
Graham Farquhar
Dojo: Ki federation of GB
United Kingdom

I agree with Justin. I have practiced for 20 years and loved my old keidogis until these came along. I have bought 2 Aikido Gis from Nine Circles and find them of excellent quality and great fit. They are preshrunk so no hours of washing to get them to get them to the right size. They are soft and the shortened sleeves are ideal for Aikido! They look very smart overall and as a teacher I have bought them for other members of my club. Feedback is good but some have said that although good quality they can be a little on the heavy side for summer practice. One other benefit is they do 165 and 175 sizes which make for a better fit. Overall I would recommend them highly! Check out their Weapons bags too!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #4
Ian Thake
Scotland

Got one aikido gi from them, liked it and plan to get another.
Quote:
Graham Farquhar wrote:
Feedback is good but some have said that although good quality they can be a little on the heavy side for summer practice.
I got a newsletter from them the other day which I think mentioned they were going to start producing lighter aikido gi as well.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #5
Bridge
Dojo: Slough Aikikai
United Kingdom

I have one of the aiki gis. The fabric's lovely but don't be tempted to get a slightly bigger one like i did as the apron is a bit sturdy and makes my hakama stick out loads. And thus my bum ends up looking huge.

The trousers are really nice and I'm wondering if I can get an entire gi made of it.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
iHeretic
United Kingdom

Quote:
Ian Thake wrote:
I got a newsletter from them the other day which I think mentioned they were going to start producing lighter aikido gi as well.
I got that newsletter as well and am waiting for the smaller/lighter sizes because I'm a shrimp. Interestingly their hakama come in the right size but their gi doesn't (yet)!

B

Testis sum agni