Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-03-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Sadie
Japan
Smile Hajimemashite Aikido community!

Hello!

I've just moved to Okinawa from the UK to teach English and hopefully find a dojo where I can practice hard and meet some cool people. If anyone knows of a good one, please let me know!

I haven't done Aikido for a while but there seems to be something about it that gets into the blood and I'd really like to get back into it.

I used to program computer games for a living and I reckon it'd be quite easy to use the current motion sensor technology to track hand and feet movements to do some kind of Aikido simulator/training game!

I'm impressed with the Aikido community spirit that seems to fill this website, it's got a good vibe to it. I'm no Aikido expert but I'm looking forward to learning much more, there's clearly a lot of experience here.

Last edited by Sadie : 09-03-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Mashu
Re: Hajimemashite Aikido community!

Hi Alice.

What computer games did you work on in the past that we might know?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #3
dyffcult
United_States

Hey, welcome to the forum.

And I understand the energy thing, though don't look to me to explain it.

Happy training,

Brenda
Old 09-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #4
Sadie
Japan

Quote:
Matthew Zsebik wrote:
What computer games did you work on in the past that we might know?
Heya,

I started off on mobile phones (or cellphones if you're American :P), doing basic WAP and Java games, then moved on to console games for PS2 and the like. Two of the games I worked on were: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54047, and the world of pain that was: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56245 . The more famous games that my company did included the Harry Potter series, Starglider and Croc.

It was all good fun but I'm looking for something that's a bit better for my soul now. Maybe Shiatsu or teaching English to refugees or something.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:47 AM   #5
Mashu

Wanting to switch from:

Quote:
Tattered, bloodied, putrid. Your house sucks you in as if by osmosis, leaving you weeping on the hall floor in a creeping puddle of gore and mud. Your wife, flesh flour, stares at you, arms folded, veins vaulting from her neck on invisible stalks. Your explanation of the reason you've been missing for four days, why you reek of petrol, why Dave's dead, why you've spent four thousand pounds on a man called Charlie and some ladies all going by the name of Jezebel, and why your interpretation of the phrase 'stag do' has to involve police chases and national news crews, is failing to wash. "It seemed like a good idea at the time," you whimper, snot bubbling from your broken nose. "It really did."
To:

Quote:
In earlier days in China, a doctor wasn't paid to give treatment to ill people but to keep a person healthy. As soon as a person became ill, he got his treatment for free. The health care was basically preventive. There are 5 types of treatment: acupuncture, medicines and herbs, curving with stones, moxa and anma (massage). Shiatsu came from anma. It was recommended for people living in the center of the country, near to the yellow river. In this area the culture was most developed and people were doing more mental than physical work. The same can be said about us.
The Japanese took many things from Chinese culture to change and develop. So they did with anma and acupuncture and developed it into "shiatsu".
Makes sense

Good luck with it.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
Dirk Hanss

Dojo: Aikidoschule Trier
Germany

Quote:
Alice Easey wrote:
I used to program computer games for a living and I reckon it'd be quite easy to use the current motion sensor technology to track hand and feet movements to do some kind of Aikido simulator/training game!
Training or game, if someone wants to start with something like that maybe "Itachi, the Aikido Ferret" would be nice to get the story. I don't know about trademarks though.

Just an idea

Dirk