Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Josh Bisker
Dojo: Oberlin Aikikai, and Renshinkan London
United_States
Sei Do Kai bokken

anyone gotten weapons from the Sei Do Kai trading co? i'm in charge of getting the club some new hitty sticks, and i'd like us to have something with a bit of quality but without too much of a price tag. i'm not ordering in great quantity either, it's more a long-term project that i'm starting off, a few every year over a long period of time.

i'm on the verge of starting us off with a bugei bokken and jo, but this seidokai site seems like such a good deal - you can get a set of the two weapons for $88 and they seem to be not your average piece of crap ... but are they your just slightly above average piece of crap, i'd like very much to know.

anybody know firsthand, or want to give your eye to it? http://sdksupplies.netfirms.com/

thanks,
-josh
Old 03-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
David Kai
Dojo: Northern Alberta Aikido
Canada
Re: Sei Do Kai bokken

I have purchased about $2000.00 worth of supplies from them in the past. They will cut you a FANTASTIC wholesale price in you can put the order together. The products are great. The custom purpleheart is awesome. I have special ordered an aiki safety tip on sets of weapons and they were happy to accomodate at no extra charge. Buy from these guys ... you can't beat the price and Kim and Linda are really nice people.

KAI
Old 03-22-2005, 12:52 AM   #3
Chuck.Gordon
United_States

I'm a big fan of the Seidokai stuff. Kim Taylor is great and his weapons are generally a cut above the average.

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck.Gordon : 03-22-2005 at 01:03 AM. Reason: undyslexifying

Old 03-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #4
Fiona D

I'll second that too. Kim's goods on the Sei Do Kai website are always excellent quality, whether it be the 'standard' wooden weapons he advertises or the custom-made pieces. I don't think you can go wrong ordering from him.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
Nick P.

Dojo: Sukagawa Aikido Club of Montreal

Not to derail this thread, but if anyone is interested in their Shiro Kashi Saya Bokuto set, I may be selling mine (used once, pristine condition). Friend price for fellow AikiWeb members.

http://sdksupplies.netfirms.com/cat_...ons.htm#Bokuto

PS - If this violates any Forum Rules I apologize in advance.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
Charles

I needed a dai sho pair, but I like my shoto a little long. They had to use two long blanks insted of one long and one short and they had to make my shoto to order. They didn't charge me a dime extra and they came out great.

I often find myself planning my next order from them.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
gracerollins
Dojo: CT Aikikai
United_States

Hate to be dissent here but the bokken I got from them was too light, balanced too heavily in the hilt, and the jyo's grain had a lot of pock marks and entered the jyo afterlife after only a little sansho. but maybe i just had bad luck or it's a personal taste thing. They did throw a free tanto into our order and that was real nice.

if you get the wholesale price from California S&P, it comes out as about $82 for bokken and jyo, and their shipping costs are hella low. Plus if you order more than $500 they give you a 5% discount on top of the wholesale price.We just got a big order from them and I like their stuff a lot. But, they said they won't be selling Japanese white oak jyos anymore soon, because they're running out of white oak in Japan...! This is what they said anyway.

The best thing about sei do kai are the fur tsubas:
http://sdksupplies.netfirms.com/cat_furtsuba.htm
Old 03-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
Janet Rosen

I had Kim make me a set of hickory jo and bokken, the latter styled/balanced to my specs, several yrs ago and I still love them.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield