Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #126
john2054

United Kingdom
Re: Banned from Aikido...

Hi Janet et al. I am still on talking terms with one of the senseis at my old club, so I have yet to rule out returning there. However that will not be my decision to make. I appreciate i ruffled a few feathers, but hell are they men or are they mice. And quite frankly i only have one word for the people who tell me 'nay' and that is weak. When i saw my consultant psychiatrist 6 months ago he agreed to reduce my meds. Hopefully he will do the same again when i see him next week.

Nostalgia is a precious thing. I value new friends but treasure the old. For those are like silver, and these ones are like gold. Mark Twain.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #127
john2054

United Kingdom
Thumbs up Re: Banned from Aikido...

Some times you have to kill something, before you can bring it back to life again?
Old 10-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #128
nikyu62
Dojo: Aikido Club of American Samoa
American Samoa

Not in this time-space reality. Please discuss this with your health care provider.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:08 PM   #129
john2054

United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w
Old 10-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #130
john2054

United Kingdom

I wonder how many of you can actually watch all of those ted talks videos, and comment and engage with me on my level, rather than just picking up thr ketow line, oh he's banned, get rid.

I want to go on about how i'm this and that, but i will refrain from doing so for the common decency of man. Take it easy. And let me know when you have watched the films thanks. John
Old 10-31-2015, 07:36 PM   #131
john2054

United Kingdom

Let's just talk a little about that last metaphor i just used. True you can't kill a living being and bring them back to life, however, you can terminate a marriage in order to start again with someone else. It is better that way, then to let a dead thing drag on, and bring you both down. That is one example. Another? Hmm. Sometimes with friends such as on facebook, you are better off 'refreshing' your profile, i mean get rid of some of the trolls and starting again with new people you meet. Such is the nature of the universe, again i suggest you look at those banned talks. I am not suggesting that any of you are wrong for wanting me banned from martial arts, just that that is not your decision to make, okay??
Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #132
robin_jet_alt
Australia

Quote:
John Robinson wrote: View Post
I am not suggesting that any of you are wrong for wanting me banned from martial arts, just that that is not your decision to make, okay??
Take it easy John. I admit I haven't had time to look at those videos, but nobody here has said they want you banned from martial arts, and I doubt anyone thinks it. Yes, Steven's comment was a little bit sarcastic, but I don't think he meant any offence by it. I sincerely believe that everyone here is hoping for your continued success and well-being, no matter what happens with your old dojo.

Robin
Old 11-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #133
nikyu62
Dojo: Aikido Club of American Samoa
American Samoa

John (dear John) I started to watch the Sheldrake video, when I realized I was already familiar with what he was saying, having listened to similar talks by him before. I have also listened to Graham Hancock's work extensively. Having said that, I am not sure how you are using that to illustrate your previous question about killing and starting again. Though my tone may have seemed a bit sarcastic, coming from the history of statements you have made on this thread about harming others, I felt it was on me to clearly state that in our current situation, you cannot kill and then bring back to life. And I was serious about discussing this idea with your health care provider. And I am not proposing that you be banned from martial arts forever, just that you learn to take your aggression down a bunch of notches, and focus on your health care. Best regards, Steve
Old 11-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #134
lbb
United_States

When you go towards something, you see it more clearly, and learn more about your relationship with it. At least, that's the hope. If you go towards aggression, the hope is that you will see more clearly the consequences of aggression, to yourself and others, and that any draw you feel towards aggression will turn to aversion. If that isn't happening, then you need to find other ways to step away from it -- not least, by not equipping yourself with the tools (read: martial arts) to commit more effective violence. The noble path sometimes consists of refraining rather than acting.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #135
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

You lot are far kinder and understanding that I am - that is sure.

My concern would be the group first and any individual second.

Last edited by PeterR : 11-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 11-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #136
Michael Douglas
United Kingdom

Quote:
Some times you have to kill something, before you can bring it back to life again?
John are you planning to kill somebody?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #137
kewms

Quote:
Peter Rehse wrote: View Post
You lot are far kinder and understanding that I am - that is sure.

My concern would be the group first and any individual second.
It's easy to be compassionate towards someone thousands of miles away. If someone has presented himself at one's own dojo asking to train it's a much more difficult issue.

Katherine
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #138
john2054

United Kingdom

i just said something and it appears that few people in hear read it.

so let me say again, im not going to kill anyone.

it was a metaphor.

okay?

Secondly it doesn't matter.

Thirdly im not an aggressive person, by posting on here i have opened my self up to the wolves it would seem.

please don't read any of my earlier pposts. that is not me. this is me
Old 11-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #139
john2054

United Kingdom

Finally to Steven, those videos challenge the whole orthodoxy of conventional science and physics, not to mention drug based science. They are in a word, revolutionary. I don't claim to be this, however what i have done, recovered from a road accident which left me on three out of ten, signs of life, to get married, have a daughter, do a degree, run a house, get basic martial arts qualifications, these are good nay? I can't argue with every f*ker on this site, i am a young man. sorry if you don't like my language. I don't like the amount of begging you are making me do to even hold me head high.

One of my old senseis told me not to post on the internet. Im not sure if that was for his benefit or mine. I have never been in any sort of criminal trouble for my postings, but hell.

ONe more thing, let me remind all and sundry that i do not have a criminal conviction for rape okay? I may have a caution for sexual assault, but it is one thing to be found guilty in a court of law for an offense, and another to be found guilty on the internet. Again forget what you have read before. But i have gone on for too much again. bye
Old 11-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #140
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States

Quote:
...I can't argue with every f*ker on this site, i am a young man. sorry if you don't like my language. I don't like the amount of begging you are making me do to even hold me head high.

One of my old senseis told me not to post on the internet. Im not sure if that was for his benefit or mine. I have never been in any sort of criminal trouble for my postings, but hell.
Words have power, don't they? They're also often sloppy vehicles for carrying our meaning, which means we shouldn't take them too seriously sometimes; while also being careful about what we do say. It's a funny paradox...And they're even harder over the internet, so I can see why one of your teachers suggested not posting online. I usually regret it, even when I'm not speaking colorfully.
Whatever the case, always hold your head up high. I believe the posture of the body helps the posture of the mind (speaking as someone who has dealt with a bit of depression since childhood). As long as we're doing our best, the impressions of others are but suggestions for our consideration on this road of life.
Best of luck!
Sincerely,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!
Old 11-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #141
john2054

United Kingdom
Thumbs up Re: Banned from Aikido...

Thanks Matt, on a slightly more positive note, today we had a business meeting to move one step closer to buying our first house. That's good as well. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #142
robin_jet_alt
Australia

Quote:
Thanks Matt, on a slightly more positive note, today we had a business meeting to move one step closer to buying our first house. That's good as well. Thanks.
Good luck with that John. I'm doing something similar, and it's not easy...
Old 11-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #143
Michael Douglas
United Kingdom

Currently we are living in a culture of hugely inflated house prices and very low interest rates.

There be dragons!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #144
john2054

United Kingdom

Well with regards to the house it has fallen through. And with regards to the meds, i am having them reduced by a small amount. As far as the martial arts is concerned, I asked my consultant about it when i saw him, but i don't think it engaged with him when i said it. So we are back to square one. Yet again. What was it they said, that small things start in small packages? Try telling my wife that hohoho!