Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
DH
United_States
News From the Skosses and Koryu.com

Early Spring 2007
Drum roll please....

I've just completed text files on our new book and anticipate (with greater than my usual accuracy) sending it to the printer by the end of this month. So, for those of you who have been waiting with bated breath.... I'm very pleased to announce the forthcoming publication of Katori Shinto-ryu: Warrior Tradition by Otake Risuke, shihan of the Tenshinsho-den Katori Shinto-ryu. The book is authorized by Iizasa Soke, and contains an entirely new translation of the text (with new sections on jujutsu, shuriken, and ninjutsu) that originally appeared as The Deity and the Sword. We've rearranged, added to, taken 850+ new photos, created new illustrations, and generally redesigned and reimagined (think Battlestar Galactica to get a idea of the scope of the differences) the original three volumes. The result is a one-volume bilingual (Japanese-English) hardcover edition, with 336 pages that will retail for US$75.00.......

go to www.Koryu.com.
look for "news" likn on the left.
Diane Skoss

Enjoy
Dan

Last edited by DH : 03-16-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Tim Fong

Dojo: Aunkai
Re: News From the Skosses and Koryu.com

Dan,
I read the three volume series 8 or 10 years ago. I think it'd be interesting for me to revisit it in light of my recent training with Akuzawa.

I'd be especially interested in the five element theory stuff, and the bits on mikkyo. Your thoughts?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
DH
United_States

Hi Tim
My thoughts don't really matter much-but I think it's a wonderful Koryu. If you're accepted, there is a whole lot to learn.

Dan
Old 03-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
davidafindlay
Dojo: Shodokan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the news flash. I suspect this sort of thing might otherwise easily slip under the radar. My aikido instructor has been learning under the Sugino dojo for a while now and I'm sure the publication will be a useful reference. I'll be passing on the info.

The previous publications have some interesting stuff in them - to be enjoyed by all. Look forward to the new book.

Thanks & Regards,
Dave Findlay

Dave Findlay
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

Looking forward to this!

B,
R

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Erik Johnstone
Dojo: Shindokan Budo
United_States

Also looking forward to it. I have the French single-volume edition, which I can muddle through, but sounds like this will be well worth having.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
DH
United_States

Let's just say this one was truly fawned over by those in the know. Allot of work went into making sure everything was correct.
Couple that with the editing skills of one, very, adorable Skoss and you can't lose.
I'd seriously consider pre-ordering. And there is always autgraphed copies to be asked for by the editors!

Dan