Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
yugen
United_States
Seattle I Liq Chuan Weekend Workshop, November 15,16

Seattle I Liq Chuan will be hosting Rich Kelly (one of Master Chin's long time students) for a workshop on Circles of Defense and Offense on November 15th and 16th. You can register here:
http://iliqchuan.com/workshops/circl...mber-1516-2014

or here:

http://iliqchuanseattle.com/events.html

About Rich Kelly:
Rich Kelly is a highly skilled I Liq Chuan instructor with fighting experience from several different competition formats over his 30 years of martial training. Through all of his competitions ('96-'06) he never lost a fight. He is a life-time teacher & practitioner of internal and external martial arts as well as body mechanics. Kelly is one of the few remaining old-time students of Grandmaster Sam Chin.

Acknowledgements:
Rich Kelly had a lot of Tae Kwon Do exploits at a young age. He met Sifu Sam F.S. Chin when in college. He is a 3rd Dan WTF, and a multi time gold medalist (sparring) at US Cup (national) and NY State Championships, he won several other state and national tournaments ( pre-2000 ), after 2000 under Sifu he was a gold medalist in Sparring, Push hands & Chi Sau at the WTFKF Nationals, Pan American Games and Tai Chi legacy. He was a National Champion in both, for that year (gold medalist at Nationals). He has been doing I-Liq since 1998 and is currently a Level 3 instructor/Level 7 student level since 2006.

Ryan
Seattle
Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
yugen
United_States
Re: Seattle I Liq Chuan Weekend Workshop, November 15,16

In addition to Rich Kelly (Instructor Level 3) we will be having the following I Liq Chuan instructors in attendance:
Dmitry Grinberg (Instructor Level 2)
Bernard Langan (Instructor Level 2)
Holly Pope (Instructor Level 1)
Artem Koltsov (Instructor Level 2?)
Sonjue Chung-Koltsov (Instructor Level 1)
and
Kaiwe Goo (Instructor Level 1)

Our seminars don't draw huge numbers so if you're looking to understand the 'feel' of I Liq Chuan and the progression of that 'feel' as defined by the ranking system this is definitely a workshop to attend!

Hope to see you next weekend. Feel free to contact me about single day attendance.
Best,
Ryan

Ryan
Seattle