Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #51
john.burn

Dojo: Chishin Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Hiroshi Ikeda sensei in the UK - April 20-22, 2012

Had a quick look at the footage last night from the seminar... Looks great! Still a way off yet as it's still being time-lined (we had 3 cameras). Ikeda sensei said we should make 2 DVD's one of Saturday and one of Sunday... I'll update as and when we get a little nearer - might put a small clip out on youtube as a promo nearer the time.

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk
Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #52
mlaranjinha
Dojo: Renshin Aikido Dojo / Horten
Norway

Looking forward to that John!
That is actually a good effort from your side...

Manuel Laranjinha
Renshin Aikido Dojo
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #53
john.burn

United Kingdom

Hi Manuel,

Well, for next year we have better filming planned. Sensei suggested we use a handy-cam type setup as well as the other cameras, I think he likes gadgets almost as much as me .

Can't wait...

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk
Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #54
Alex Megann
Dojo: Southampton Aikikai
United Kingdom

Hi John,

As I said in Coventry, I would definitely like to have a copy of the DVD(s) of the weekend.

I'm sure you will keep us informed of developments via AikiWeb...

Alex
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #55
Alex Megann
United Kingdom

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
i believed i talked about this in one of the thread. when you have not the body that worked with this stuffs, you will be blind and deaf going in. you can feel your balance broke by Ikeda sensei, but you wouldn't be able feel what he did to you or be able to reverse engineering it. Ikeda sensei said, which i am paraphrased, "dan ranked no guaranteed you understand this!"

i believed i wrote a bunch of stuffs on translating what Ikeda sensei said somewhere.
Hi Phi,

I'd be interested to see what you said!

What is fascinating is that my wife, who is a Scaravelli yoga teacher, can do this stuff, while I have practised with quite a few Aikikai sixth dans who aren't even close...

Alex
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #56
john.burn

United Kingdom

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
Hi Phi,

What is fascinating is that my wife, who is a Scaravelli yoga teacher, can do this stuff, while I have practised with quite a few Aikikai sixth dans who aren't even close...

Alex
Hi Alex,

Better yet... Drop me an email and come and meet Mike Sigman when he's next in the UK, I guarantee you'll get what Ikeda sensei is doing after a weekend with him. Well... if you become obsessed with it anyways.

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

Quote:
John Burn wrote: View Post
Had a quick look at the footage last night from the seminar... Looks great! Still a way off yet as it's still being time-lined (we had 3 cameras). Ikeda sensei said we should make 2 DVD's one of Saturday and one of Sunday... I'll update as and when we get a little nearer - might put a small clip out on youtube as a promo nearer the time.
i can review the DVDs for you and make rude comments.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 05-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #58
phitruong
United_States

Quote:
John Burn wrote: View Post
Better yet... Drop me an email and come and meet Mike Sigman when he's next in the UK, I guarantee you'll get what Ikeda sensei is doing after a weekend with him. Well... if you become obsessed with it anyways.
second. although the stuffs mike shown will need you to do quite a bit of works and thinking too. had not a chance to attend one of dan seminar, but others recommended, so i would check him out too.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #59
phitruong
United_States

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
Hi Phi,

Alex
alex, try this thread http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19472 and the thread mentioned in the first post.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
john.burn

United Kingdom

Quote:
second. although the stuffs mike shown will need you to do quite a bit of works and thinking too. had not a chance to attend one of dan seminar, but others recommended, so i would check him out too.
Hi Phi,

Yup, you do have to think about this stuff but I have to say I found Mike's stuff way more accessible than Dan's stuff. It just made so much more sense to me. I heard about both guys, I met both guys, I found Mike's teaching methods worked for me big time, it just made more sense. YMMV as in all things.

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #61
Alex Megann
United Kingdom

Quote:
alex, try this thread http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19472 and the thread mentioned in the first post.
Thanks, Phi - I will read those threads.

Alex
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
Matusiam
England

I have to admit that the course was totally mind blowing !!! I've met Ikeda Sensei about 4 years ago in France. Having that experience in mind I could compare the feeling when you get hold of him . The only conclusion I have is that he has improved ALOT and that his explanations are way better ! For anyone who is bored with pure aikido techniques should come along and see Ikeda Sensei. I can guarantee you that he will demonstrate to you that aikido can be put into a totally different level. You grab him, you resits, you sit down against your will. You think he got lucky that time, so you try again and the same happens. Its great
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #63
Matusiam
England

dropping my 2cents in. i do agree with John about the teaching methods for the internal stuff. i have not me tMr Dan or Mr Mike , but from what ive been told and what i have tried i also found that Mr Mike explanations make sense and are very easy to get into your head. its not superb easy to make your body do it but the concepts and training methods (on what you exacly need to do) are crystal clear. hope it helps
Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #64
john.burn

United Kingdom

Just an early heads up... Ikeda sensei is back in the UK April 5th to 7th, 2013.

More details (and a new thread) once I've confirmed everything...

Best Regards,
John

www.chishindojo.co.uk