Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
Shizentota

Dojo: Hakusan A.K.I.
Chile
Moving to France... What I´ve to do to start a dojo?

Hi everyone, I am married to a French woman, we live at Chile right now but we are planning moving to France with our family, I own a dojo here at Chile, I am 3th dan (all grades given by Hombu Dojo Japan) and I want to continue teaching there (France), my sensei is Yoshinobu Takeda Shihan 8th dan, he is in charge of the AKI (Aikido Kenkyukai International).

I would like to start this style at France, I ´ve heard that Dan grades given by other organization are not recognized by frenchs federations. It´s true, what I would have to do to be recognized there.

Can someone tell me how things are organized there, witch papers I will need, etc.?

Thanks You.

Merci.

Gracias.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:09 AM   #2
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re: Moving to France... What I´ve to do to start a dojo?

I am not sure, but I think for opening a dôjô you will Need the " brevet d'État d'éducateur sportif". Which is a teaching licence:
http://www.aikido.com.fr/Brevets-d-etat

In addition to this in France the grades that are relevant to teaching are given by the state (i.e. the ministry of education), as far as I know.

But I think it is related to the grades given by hombu in some way.

I recommend to talk to Christian Tissier. He is a very polite and humble person. I am sure he will try help you out.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:42 AM   #3
MRoh
Germany

Quote:
Manuel Aldunate wrote: View Post
Can someone tell me how things are organized there, witch papers I will need, etc.?
As far as I know, until 2012 you needed something that was called "Brevet d'Etat d'Educateur Sportif" (BEES).
Now it is diplôme d'état, de jeunesse, d'éducation populaire et de sport (DEJEPS).

You should contact one of the french aikido federations for more information.

Here is a link with some informations:

http://www.stephaneadamaikido.com/le...d-etat-p345554
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Shizentota

Chile

Thanks you both I am searching and contacting the federation.
If anyone can tell me his experience will be better.

I am worried about the grades cause the (DEJEPS).is just a course that I will have to take.

Someone who has experience or been in the same situation?

Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #5
ahincelin

Dojo: Cercle d'Aïkido Pau Lons
France

You need to have a DEJEPS if you want to be paid for your teaching.
There is a "Brevet Federal" delivered by the french federations (FFAB and FFAAA) : it takes some week-ends for the formation, and you pass an examination that allows you to teach, if you succeed. With this diploma you can't earn wages, but some of your expenses can be payed by your club (travels, keikogi, aikido seminars...). You will have to pass a DEJEPS if you want to make a living.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC
]"True Budo is a work of love"
Old 10-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
Shizentota

Chile

Merci beaucoup mon ami.
Can you tell me the difference between the DEJEPS an the others diplom ?

Le Brevet Fédéral reconnaît la compétence d'enseigner sans être rémunéré. (this diplom is replaced by the DEJEPS)

Le CQP (Certificat-de-Qualification-Professionnelle) permet l'enseignement contre rémunération.

Les Diplôme d'État et Diplôme d'État Supérieur.

La VAE (Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience) permet d'obtenir certains diplômes sans passer d'examen.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2017, 04:09 AM   #7
ahincelin

Dojo: Cercle d'Aïkido Pau Lons
France

Le diplôme minimum pour pouvoir enseigner est le Brevet Fédéral. Il ne permet pas d'enseigner contre rémunération.

Le CQP permet d'enseigner contre rémunération dans le limite de 360 heures par an.

Le DEJEPS (diplôme d’état, de jeunesse, d’éducation populaire et de sport) permet d'enseigner contre rémunération.

Ces diplômes s'obtiennent sur examen après une formation dont la complétude croit du Brevet Fédéral au DEJEPS. Le CQP et le DEJEPS peuvent également s'obtenir par la VAE.

Dans tous les cas, il faudra faire valider ton grade Aikikai par la Fédération que tu choisiras.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC
]"True Budo is a work of love"
Old 01-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #8
Shizentota

Chile

Hi there again, I am also worried about my grades, I have heard that all the grades are manage by the french federations (FFAAA or FFAB) but talking to a friend here that follows Gerard Blaize sensei, he told me that their grades are independent from the federation, they are recognized by hombu dojo at Tokyo.

So I am in a similar situation, my sensei (Takeda Shihan) give us the grades from Japan, they are all grades from Aikikai Tokyo and I would like to keep that connection instead of validate my grades in a French federation and start the dojo in that way.

French aikidoka can you tell me what is the differences between been in one of the to federation and be independent ? Can I hold a dojo been out of these federation, which are the benefits and the contra.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks