Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-02-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
kazimierzh

Dojo: Aikidoschool Hans Sonnemans
Netherlands
Been to the Netherlands before?

Anyone been to The Netherlands before and practiced Aikido? How was your experience compared with the dojo you are training?
Greetz Kaz.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
dan guthrie
Dojo: Aikido of SLO
United_States
Talking Re: Been to the Netherlands before?

I never trained in Holland but I was stationed there from 1982-1984. The US Air Force had F-15s at Fliegbasis Soesterberg (Camp New Amsterdam was the western section). It was a two-year vacation. Thank you.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
NagaBaba

Re: Been to the Netherlands before?

I simply loved changing rooms and showers shared by both sex
I didn't like 1000 federations fighting each other.

aikido in Netherlands is cool , but difficult to find a dojo with martial spirit

Last edited by NagaBaba : 03-04-2005 at 07:25 AM.

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo
Old 03-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
mouse7000
Dojo: Aikido NW
United_States

While on holiday and visiting a cousin in Holland I had the privledge to train at AikiDojo in Haarlem and also in Amsterdam with Simon Deering and Quirijn Duchatteau. Although the physical space for training was very small and cramped in both spaces the people I trained with were wonderful. I had only been training for about 2 months and was very new. I only spoke and understood english and a few japanese names of techniques. The sensei and other members of the dojo were so warm and welcoming. They were extremely patient and kind. They took time to help me with very very basic skills ( At the time i wasn't even comfortable with forward rolls!!!) A few people even took me out after training, showed me around town, and offered me a place to stay! I always remember their compassion and friendship and cherish that memory and experience.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
tiyler_durden
Netherlands

Hey,

I live and train in Holland you can ask me anything you want to know!
I am English and have had the pleasure of training in the UK, Ireland, Northern Ireland and now in several dojos in Holland.
I find the spirit in my dojo 100% and nothing less...
My dojo is very large, and is (IMHO) now one of the best dojos I have trained in.

I found the dojo in Belfast the best as this was very, very good. (The aikinomichi group)

T_D

"Deal with the faults as gently a your own"