Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Aikido of Missoula
Dojo: Aikido of Missoula
Tatsunori Imamura Shihan at Aikido of Missoula, April 20-22, 2012

Announcing a special seminar with
Tatsunori Imamura Sensei
April 20-22, 2012
hosted by Aikido of Missoula

Tatsunori Imamura Sensei is a seventh dan Aikido Shihan from Hokkaido, Japan, who was profoundly influenced by his study with O Sensei in the last years of the founder's life. He is the chief instructor of Sapporo International Aikikai, and travels regularly to teach in Eastern Russia and Eastern Europe. This will be his first trip to the United States. Imamura Sensei is very committed to the spiritual core of Aikido. This commitment was enhanced by his studies with Masahisa Goi Sensei (1916-1980), a philosophical/spiritual leader who was a close friend of O Sensei. Goi Sensei founded the Byakko Shinko Kai, which initiated the movement to plant Peace Poles worldwide. You may have seen one of these four-sided poles with the message "May Peace Prevail on Earth" written in several languages. We are very happy to welcome Imamura Sensei to Aikido of Missoula, and hope you can join us for this very special event.

For more information, visit our website:
www.aikidomissoula.com/Seminars.html

or contact:

Aikido of Missoula
(406) 549-8387
aom@AikidoMissoula.com

Visit us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/aikidomissoula
Old 02-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
rulemaker
Dojo: Aikido Philippines
Philippines
Re: Tatsunori Imamura Shihan at Aikido of Missoula, April 20-22, 2012

I like his video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Ab5E_jKV4
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Aikido of Missoula

We are very much looking forward to this event and hope to see you there!
You can find a registration form on our website: www.AikidoMissoula.com
Old 03-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
fjh
United_States

That's a good find rulemaker. Thanks for posting that.

Imamura Senesi has been a personal source of inspiration for many years. I trained with him when I lived in Sapporo, and every year I go back to see him. Not only is his Aikido phenomenal, but I have never met a more genuinely peaceful human being.

Imamura Sensei is just as excited to come here as we are to host him. We sincerely hope you will join us.

Anyone in the Missoula dojo, including myself will be happy to help you with any questions, concerns, directions, issues etc. We always like to take care of our guests, whether it's giving you a ride from the airport, finding a place to stay, or making sure you can locate the local brew-pubs.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
oisin bourke

Dojo: Muden Juku, Ireland
Ireland

I've trained with Imamura Sensei on a few occasions during friendship seminars here in Sapporo which were organised by him. Imamura Sensei also demonstrates at my group's yearly enbu. He has also has invited the group I train with (which is a Daito Ryu group) to demonstrate at Hokkaido Aikido enbu.

Imamura Sensei is a real gentleman and has excellent, elegant technique. If I didn't have to work and look after my family I'd train with him more often . I think the seminar will be a great experience!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
mrb23
United_States

We are all really excited about this seminar. Aikido of Missoula is a very friendly group and we love out of town visitors. Please let us know if you need any more information!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
mrb23
United_States

For those who can read Japanese (or are feeling adventurous in browsing a foreign language site) you may be interested in the following sites:
Imamura Shihan's website
Hokkaido International Aikido Association website

Oh, and I don't believe it has been mentioned that there is a $10 discount for registering in advance!