Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
AikiWeb System
Poll: If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido training?

AikiWeb Poll for the week of April 22, 2007:

If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido training?
  • I don't do aikido
  • Morning (6am-10am)
  • Mid-Day (10am-2pm)
  • Afternoon (2pm-6pm)
  • Evening (6pm-10pm)
  • Night (10pm-)
Here are the current results.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
SeiserL

United_States
Re: Poll: If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido tr

I am a morning person.

Daytime is for work.

Evenings are for family.

Weekends are shared.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #3
Mark Uttech
Dojo: Yoshin-ji Aikido of Marshall
Re: Poll: If you had a choice, when in the day would be your preference for aikido tr

The first time I tried early morning practice, I knew the value of it; it set the tone for the rest of the day, and each of those days was a day of no regret.

In gassho,

Mark
Old 04-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Chuck Clark

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States

I'm in total agreement with both of you gentlemen. I've always been an early riser and training early is great.

Chuck Clark
Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
www.jiyushinkai.org
Old 04-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States

Yuck - I hate our 6 a.m. classes! The mood they set for me for the rest of the day is "exhaustion!" lol

For me, there is nothing like training in noon in our dojo with its sky-lights, the bright Santa Barbara sun beaming down through the ceiling, in the perfect Southern Californian weather (not too hot, not too cold). Perfection!

:-)
dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #6
mriehle

Dojo: New School Aikido
United_States

I'm a swingshift kinda guy in a dayshift world. The hours from 6pm to around 10pm are my most active hourse of the day.

But my second most productive hours would be - ironically - from around 6am to 10am.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
tarik

Dojo: Iwae Dojo
United_States

There was no selection for all day!

That said, I usually train during lunch or evenings, but I prefer mornings when I can make myself into an early riser and used to enjoy teaching and training in those classes.

Alas, the job lately, has me up until 2-3am at time, making 6am classes a thing of the past.

Tarik Ghbeish
Jiyūshin-ryū AikiBudō - Iwae Dojo

MASAKATSU AGATSU -- "The true victory of self-mastery."
Old 04-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
connie brown
United_States

from an ayurvedic standpoint, 6am to 10am is the best time for your body to be active. The second best time is 6pm to 10pm. my preference is in the morning, cause it energizes me for the rest of the day, and it feels good to get up early and get moving right away.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
ChrisBarry
United_States

My favorate memory was doing aikido weapons practice on saterday morning around 9am... windows open a slight breeze coming through the windows... northern california weather... it was like a private world.