Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-23-2004, 09:49 AM   #26
Tatiana
Dojo: Lenwakan
Brazil
Re: Aikido on a wasp

They keep the cocroach population down... LOL! Here in S.P Brazil, we need them/! LOLpitty they're too few...

Quote:
Bridget Chung wrote:
What purpose do wasps serve anyway? It's not like they make honey or anything.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:03 AM   #27
thisisnotreal

when i first saw this thread, i thought wasp, as in W.A.S.P,
as in White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

...and I was like, "Hmm...aikido against White-Anglo-Saxon-Protestants?"
..that's weird..
then i started thinking about distracting uke with SUV's and 2.4 children.

and then i thought, i just better click on the thread and look for myself.

then I saw aleksey's post, and knew i did the right thing.

i'm going away now...

Josh "Not sure why he posted this" Phillipson
Old 09-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #28
thomas_dixon
United_States

... *slowly backs away*
Old 09-24-2004, 03:05 AM   #29
Bridge
Dojo: Slough Aikikai
United Kingdom

Quote:
Tatiana van der Merwe wrote:
They keep the cocroach population down... LOL! Here in S.P Brazil, we need them/! LOLpitty they're too few...
Ah, right, they do have a purpose. Perhaps we should send you some of ours?

Quote:
What do you think O'Sensei was doing when he was swinging a bokken around. Get enough accuracy with that thing and wasps become a thing of the past and your lampshades are never touched.
I discovered that a 30cm (or for the traditional practioners 12 inch) rule is not as good as 30p green fly swat shaped like a big hand. Now, if I swung a bokken I would have no lampshades and lots of broken furniture? Or is that the next level to achieve in wasp aikido?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:31 AM   #30
Matt Molloy
Dojo: Azami Kai
Scotland

Quote:
Bridget Chung wrote:
or for the traditional practioners 12 inch) rule
I see you have experience in Koryu.

Quote:
Bridget Chung wrote:
Now, if I swung a bokken I would have no lampshades and lots of broken furniture? Or is that the next level to achieve in wasp aikido?
Uh huh. That's the test for Shodan.

Judan is when you swing the bokken at the wasp, it merely wobbles in mid air and everyone thinks that you missed....until you point out that there is a wasp that will never mate again.

Cheers,

Matt.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:38 AM   #31
happysod
Dojo: Kiburn, London, UK
United Kingdom

Matt Malloy, I formally accuse you of being a Mork and Mindy fan for that last joke, for which there is no excuse!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #32
Tatiana
Dojo: Lenwakan
Brazil

LOL! You're welcome to! Tho we've got a nest of them on our roof, and we still have them darn roaches... LOL!

Quote:
Bridget Chung wrote:
Ah, right, they do have a purpose. Perhaps we should send you some of ours?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:46 AM   #33
Matt Molloy
Scotland

Quote:
Ian Hurst wrote:
Matt Malloy, I formally accuse you of being a Mork and Mindy fan for that last joke, for which there is no excuse!
I admit it. I throw myself (interesting technique) on the mercy of the court with no ukemi.

What can I say. It all seemed so innocent. (As did Mindy) and I thought that I could give it up anytime I liked. I was wrong.

*shame*

I'm aiming to be a reformed character and have stopped hanging around music shops waiting to see if they would come in. Now I just hang around them for the guitars - honest.

I plead your indulgence.

Matt.

(Nevertheless:Nanu nanu.)
Old 09-29-2004, 05:39 AM   #34
happysod
United Kingdom

Matt, I laughed, I cried, I was moved to another realm of peace and calm by your reply, then i noticed something... You spelled nanu correctly, so it was just a sham!

You used me in your sick little game of extolling hearty, healthy Morkism. Luring me in with promises of innocent yet subtle humour and Mindy in her bath-robe... I'll never trust you again Malloy! (I feel so used and dirty..)
Old 09-30-2004, 11:20 AM   #35
Matt Molloy
Scotland

Quote:
Ian Hurst wrote:
Matt, I laughed, I cried, I was moved to another realm of peace and calm by your reply, then i noticed something... You spelled nanu correctly, so it was just a sham!

You used me in your sick little game of extolling hearty, healthy Morkism. Luring me in with promises of innocent yet subtle humour and Mindy in her bath-robe... I'll never trust you again Malloy! (I feel so used and dirty..)
Go on with you. You know you loved it really.

There's a renegade Orken in you just waiting to break out. (Not really surprised if you're thinking about Mindy in her bathrobe. *breaks out into a cold sweat.*)

People in red jumpsuits! Time to unite!

*am rapidly losing the plot here.*

Cheers,

Matt.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:05 PM   #36
shihonage
United_States

Ian, do you take Matt to be your lawfully wedded husband ?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:53 AM   #37
happysod
United Kingdom

Aleksey, go play in traffic - anyway, it's only our first cross-post, I hardly know the guy ('cept for his defence of kata, on e-budo I believe)
Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #38
Matt Molloy
Scotland

Quote:
Ian Hurst wrote:
Aleksey, go play in traffic - anyway, it's only our first cross-post, I hardly know the guy ('cept for his defence of kata, on e-budo I believe)
Aye, not my best moment I'm afraid. I lost it and came out sounding like a moron.

C'est la vie, different day et al.

Cheers,

Matt.

(Besides, am already married and the violence she can manage puts all martial arts in the shade but I love her anyway. )
Old 10-14-2004, 09:13 AM   #39
billybob

Dojo: Academy of Warrior Spirit
United_States

in the 1970's martial arts came to america. there was a tv show called 'kung fu' starring david carradine. its message, was love, harmony and universality 'dude'. the show sold cuz david carradine kicked someone's butt each episode; at least he usually left them breathing. ANNNNYWAY:

one episode he was trapped underground. he had his usual flashback (did i mention '70's?) that was never drug induced, and the lesson was about loving your enemy. a scorpion approached him, and despite his torpor he shielded the little buggy from harm and it showed him the way out of his predicament. i cried. what a marvelous lesson!!--------------------------man, i was a sissy back then!

bridget, may i suggest a water based pyrethrin insecticide - won't stain your lampshades, won't make you twitch, like some pesticides, and kills dem buggies dead!!! oh yeah.

life is sacred man, unless it's stinging, biting, or otherwise trying to kill you!!!!! i eat alligator, and shark every chance i get - just so i know i had them first if they ever get me!

harmony! harmony! ow! kill that thing!

billybob
Old 10-14-2004, 09:29 AM   #40
Bridge
Dojo: Slough Aikikai
United Kingdom

Quote:
David Knowlton wrote:
bridget, may i suggest a water based pyrethrin insecticide - won't stain your lampshades, won't make you twitch, like some pesticides, and kills dem buggies dead!!! oh yeah.
Thanks for that David.

Tell you the truth, I get quite a sense of satisfaction from smacking those creatures. Not that I'm mean or anything
Old 11-25-2004, 09:07 PM   #41
craig chapman
Dojo: Jarrow CA, Perth Green
United Kingdom

I dont think anyone has mentioned yet that its bees that die if they sting you, not wasps.

A bees sting has a barbed surface, which is why when the sting penetrates your skin, the bee trys to pull out and then out comes half of its guts with the rest.
But a waps sting has no barbs, therefore it can pull out and sting again if it so wishes.

Just a thought

Many Blessings

Craig
Old 02-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #42
DaveO
Dojo: Great Wave Aikido
Canada

'Lo all! I just had to resurrect this old thread when I saw this; here we have actual video of martial arts on a wasp!
Not aikido; but certainly karate...or TKD...or boxing...or....
OK; dunno exactly what it is. But coming from the Umbilical Brothers; you can be sure it's weeeeird.

It's right here!

Answers are only easy when they're incomplete.