Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-06-2004, 03:24 AM   #26
happysod
Dojo: Kiburn, London, UK
United Kingdom
Re: More Shodothug,Yoshigoons, Aikielves etc

Dojo master's notes:

A new group of aiki-fruities must travel to the depths of the enchanted city block to rescue Bronson from the clutches of the evil shodothugs who are wooing him away from the path of true kikiness with offers of strong budo, manly training and his very own rubber thingy...

Will our heroes be in time or will the shodothugs prevail, adding yet another hakama to their terrifying battle standard - only you can decide!

(deluxe boxed set of the aiki-fruity saga "Skipping hakamas and Total Ki" available this Christmas)
Old 12-06-2004, 03:29 AM   #27
maikerus
Dojo: Roppongi Yoshinkan Aikido / Roppongi, Tokyo, Japan
Japan

Quote:
Bronson Diffin wrote:
Ok, just as long as it doesn't cost extra

Bronson
Promises, promises...

--Michael

Hiriki no yosei 3 - The kihon that makes your head ache instead of your legs
Old 12-06-2004, 11:34 AM   #28
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo

Quote:
Ian Hurst wrote:
Dojo master's notes:

A new group of aiki-fruities must travel to the depths of the enchanted city block to rescue Bronson from the clutches of the evil shodothugs who are wooing him away from the path of true kikiness with offers of strong budo, manly training and his very own rubber thingy...

Will our heroes be in time or will the shodothugs prevail, adding yet another hakama to their terrifying battle standard - only you can decide!

(deluxe boxed set of the aiki-fruity saga "Skipping hakamas and Total Ki" available this Christmas)
Thanks for the concern Ian, but I'm firmly entrenched here in the land of the ki wielding fruities. I'm just trying to learn more about THEM and their mysterious ways

After all: 'Know thine enemy, and know thyself, and in a hundred battles you will never be defeated' -Sun Tzu

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."
Old 12-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #29
Yann Golanski

Dojo: York Shodokan Aikido
United Kingdom

Ok, whoever makes a joke about Aikido rings (styles) get a hundred (properly done) kotegeashi next time I see them...

<joke /> <- XML tag for those without a sense of humour... Yeah, it's spelt with a "U" like colour, flavour and ... Right, I'll be quiet now.

The people who understand, understand prefectly.
yann@york-aikido.org York Shodokan Aikido
Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 PM   #30
suren
Dojo: Aikido of Silicon Valley
United_States

Boon,

Some additions:

Iwama Ryu aka Aiki-Pixies

Can be trained both in Elves caves (Hombu) and in their own caves in Iwama. In the evolution process and because of Elves migration, their religious center - Aikishrine is left in Aiki-Pixies territory. Being masters of weapons, especially jo, Aiki-Pixies gain +4 hitpoints while using that weapon, but only in the first 31 turns. As a result of this feature most of them can count only up to 31 (in japanese). In the barehand combat Aiki-Pixies are very precise that adds +3 for highly trained units, but cuts 4 points from the speed of untrained ones.

Hombu aka Aiki-Elves

Favourite quote:
All the species are Elves, except the ones that fight to be famous!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #31
Rocky Izumi
Dojo: GUST Aikido Club
Kuwait

Aikido rings -- are those the things you use to lead other Aikidoists around by the nose?

Okay, I want my kotegaeshi now. Once I get them, I get another power upgrade, right?

Rock
From the land of the aiki-penitents
(As he throws himself again into the white-hot sand of the beach)
Hee hee hee
Old 12-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #32
suren
Dojo: Aikido of Silicon Valley
United_States

Quote:
Hiroaki Izumi wrote:
Aikido rings -- are those the things you use to lead other Aikidoists around by the nose?

Okay, I want my kotegaeshi now. Once I get them, I get another power upgrade, right?

Rock
From the land of the aiki-penitents
(As he throws himself again into the white-hot sand of the beach)
Hee hee hee
Rock, use their center! Find the ring in their navel!

BTW, Happy birthday!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #33
Tennessee Mike
United_States

Where would NGA and Combat Aikido fall in this universe? Would combat aikido be considered the same as aiki-jutsu?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #34
Amassus

Dojo: Aikido Musubi Ryu/ Yoshin Wadokan
New Zealand

I do aikido in New Zealand, does this make me an aikido elf or a HOBBIT

"flows like water, reflects like a mirror, and responds like an echo." Chaung-tse
Old 12-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #35
maikerus
Japan

Quote:
Bronson Diffin wrote:
Thanks for the concern Ian, but I'm firmly entrenched here in the land of the ki wielding fruities. I'm just trying to learn more about THEM and their mysterious ways

After all: 'Know thine enemy, and know thyself, and in a hundred battles you will never be defeated' -Sun Tzu

Bronson
<whisper mode>
The Shodothugs won't get him. He's going to to come to us. We've almost got him. One more step and he's ours!!!
</whisper mode>

Come my precious fruity. Come...join us! Come!

You know you want to

Old 12-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #36
maikerus
Japan

Quote:
Yann Golanski wrote:
Ok, whoever makes a joke about Aikido rings (styles) get a hundred (properly done) kotegeashi next time I see them...
...and one ring to bind them all. I like it! What a great analogy

--Michael, Demanding his kotegaeshi NOW!

Old 12-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #37
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Aiki-Penitents General Description:
"This religious sect takes it membership from all races in this world and out as well. In fact, a large percentage of the population derive from beings that have travelled from worlds in two other galaxies called Karate-do and Ju-do. Their creed is "No pain, no gain." The young ones of this sect can be found often self-flagelating while sitting by themselves and putting on Kotegaeshi, Nikkyo, and Yonkyo grips on their own wrists or throwing themselves prostrate on the ground by applying Shihonage on their own arm. They like to do push-ups on their wrists rather than on their palms. Novices of the sect will do push-ups on their knuckles. The older members of this sect tend to hobble along on deformed knees and swing their arms in strange ways due to their deformed shoulders. Their behaviours include not tapping out when in extreme pain and extensive rounds of shikko and suwari-waza that leave their knees bloody.

While these Aiki-Pentinents tend to be hard on their own bodies, they are generally kind-hearted folk who like to go from one region to another to commune with the different races and practice in their fashion for a while. However, be careful of taking on their behaviours for they will assume you are one of their sect and will begin to practice as if you wish for their type of penance. This often results in people not of the sect being taken aback by the propensity of the members of this sect for self-violation and the assistance they give to others in the sect in their acts of penance."

Quote: "You call that a punch? Hit me again, harder!"

Weapon of Choice: "Farts. They tend to like to get enemies of the sect in a position which allows them to release the noxious fumes in close proximity to the other's face while laughing heartily."

Favorite Quotes: "No pain, no gain." "Damned, my knees are killing me." "My arms are straight! My elbows won't unbend any more." "I bet my surgery scar is more gross than yours." "Don't do this, you'll regret it later."
Old 12-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #38
CNYMike
Dojo: Aikido of Central New York
United_States

^^^ Ah-HA! That's me. At last -- a category that fits!

I was wrong -- I thought I was an Aiki-fruity, but no, I just mingled with the time on weekly visits from Karate-Do. And although I'm playing with the Elves now, I've been to the plains of Wing Chun, I regularly go to the islands of Kali, and of late, the mysterious and foreboding mountains of Serak.

After all that, dancing with the Elves is quite relaxing.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:39 PM   #39
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Welcome Michael. May your penance be fruitful and enlightening and your farts noxious and loud.

Rock
Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #40
CNYMike
United_States

^^ Oose! <fart> ..... ooooooohhhhhh ......

Old 12-07-2004, 10:05 PM   #41
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia

The Author who travels extensively through aikidokaland has uncover a pack of secret society aikidoka that tracend Goons, Thugs or Elves....

They are called Aiki-Canucks.
General Description:
Quote:
These agents of stealth work by trying very hard to blend in with the normal populace. However... they are not doing a very good job. Generally they are huge, smell of musk, wears a flanel hakama, mink dogi and beaver hats. The deadgiveaway is that they will hold at least a can of beer on one hand. They speak "Canuckish" a kind of very secretive uncomprehensible slurred language that only their secretive kind will know.

Beware of their "I am friendly" demeanour; for inside their complex mind hide a sinister plot to get you drunk. And god knows what they will do to you. The worse the author have seen is how a pack of them completely Canuckinised a helpless victim. The Author was almost attcked this way, only superb training allows the author to escape a fate worse than death.
Weapon of choice:
Quote:
Canned Beer. Drink them, hurl them at you, make you drunk... only their sinister mind can fathom what they can do with it.
Favourite quote:
Quote:
Want a beer?
Boon.

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:10 AM   #42
maikerus
Japan

Hey...anybody out there want a beer? eh?

--Michael

Old 12-08-2004, 10:23 AM   #43
Rocky Izumi
Kuwait

Actually, I think those Aiki-Canucks are a sub-sect of the Aiki-Penitents. I can't throw beer cans around any more here. Banks Beer only comes in bottles and I had to get rid of the flannel hakama and mink do-gi because of the weather here. We were able to put 10 ikkyu travelling with Kobayashi Sensei under the table in Hong Kong. But I must admit, Angela, with her swigging Cognac by the glassful with them was who really did the trick. Watch out when drinking with those Hong Kong Aikido Association people. The girls are the real drinkers. They guys with beers just set you up for the coup de grace from the women.
(Last night we did Nikkyo and Sankyo and Yonkyo pins on each other for an hour. Hee hee hee.)

Rock
Aiki-Canuck/Aiki-Penitent
Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #44
CNYMike
United_States

Quote:
Hiroaki Izumi wrote:
Actually, I think those Aiki-Canucks are a sub-sect of the Aiki-Penitents. I can't throw beer cans around any more here. Banks Beer only comes in bottles and I had to get rid of the flannel hakama and mink do-gi because of the weather here. We were able to put 10 ikkyu travelling with Kobayashi Sensei under the table in Hong Kong. But I must admit, Angela, with her swigging Cognac by the glassful with them was who really did the trick. Watch out when drinking with those Hong Kong Aikido Association people. The girls are the real drinkers. They guys with beers just set you up for the coup de grace from the women.
(Last night we did Nikkyo and Sankyo and Yonkyo pins on each other for an hour. Hee hee hee.)

Rock
Aiki-Canuck/Aiki-Penitent
Hmmmmm ..... Wonder if they are related to JKD-Canucks and/or Thai Boxing Canucks? I dropped in at Bob Carver's Thai Boxing Academy to deliver the Serak seminar flier, and he couldn't make it because he had Arjan Chai coming in the same weekend, so we traded fliers. Anywho, on the way out, I saw some picture on the wall of some Aikido action shots. So I dunno .... evolutionary connection or just coincidence?

Mike
Aiki-Penitent

"The penitent man is humble before God ... the penitent man kneels before God ..... KNEELS!"
-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #45
phil farmer
Dojo: Nacogdoches
United_States

Yoseikan,

Yes, keep believing that we are the unknown aikidevils, you various children of the arts. The day is coming, the time is near and then, like a multitude of phrenetic judoka bearing multiple skills from many arts, we will sweep through all of you aiki pretenders and elvish imposters like a frightful hoard of ninja (turtles).

Phil Farmer
Yoseikan member of the highest order of fantastical artists

(Hey, this is kinda fun!)
Old 12-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #46
siwilson
Dojo: Kenshinkai Yoshinkan Aikido
England

Quote:
Michael Stuempel wrote:
Hey...anybody out there want a beer? eh?

--Michael
Got one, mate. Thanks for asking.

Osu!

(Hiriki No Yosei San!)

Osu!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:23 AM   #47
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia

Not exactly aikido-ka but close enough to be our missing cousins..
Brazilian Jujutsu aka AIKI-HOBBIT
General description:
Quote:
These creature usually huddle the ground when moving. Preferring to fight on the ground, these aiki-world denizen will usually try to take the fight to the ground. With strong forearm and torso and legs, they love to entangle anyone foolish enough to cross their path, forcing painful submission or worse... choking their prey to unconsciousness. The author opinions that during altercation btw two equally good aiki-hobbits, it looks very much like two anaconda coupling... It take much keen eye to know who is winning and who isn't.
Weapon of choice:
Quote:
Preferably bare hands and legs. Hand guns, Toyota, Mustang, Oldsmobile .... are also used. Their sweaty body is already much deterrent when confronted with creature such as these.
Favourite quote:
Quote:
80% of fights goes to the ground
The author.

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #48
bogglefreak20
Dojo: Ki dojo
Slovenia

Weeee....

I seem to fall under Aiki-fruity. And a proud padawan am I... Yet, beware I must, for pride hides in it temptations of ego, and ego's Path a Path to Darkness is.

May the Force be with you!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:18 PM   #49
CNYMike
United_States

Quote:
Xu Wenfung wrote:
Not exactly aikido-ka but close enough to be our missing cousins..
Brazilian Jujutsu aka AIKI-HOBBIT
You didn't mentioned whether the Aiki-Hobbits have a sense of humor, but I dare say you'll find out!

Aiki-Penitent Mike
Old 09-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #50
emma.mason15
Dojo: Shima Arashi Dojo
United Kingdom

Having read through this .... and after much deliberation .... I have to add a Hybrid to this list ....
I believe (and am sure that others who have met as in chat will agree) that Karen and I belong to a whole new section of Aiki-elf ....
Meet the Aiki-Sirens ...
we lure unsuspecting Aikidoka in to a false sense of superiority .... then when it comes down to the fight
well hey .... we're plain mean! ... using feminine whyles as a weapon ... and softly spoken voices ... a favourite move is the "snog them ... then pin them" ..... "whoops was that your genitalia?" .... and the old "wiggle when doing hip throws!!!"
I would like both mine and karens points to be calculated for this!
:P

Dance your cares away .... worry for another day ... let the music play .... down in fraggle rock!

when bored ... do as I do. Poke a patient!