Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-30-2005, 10:33 PM   #51
Mark Uttech
Dojo: Yoshin-ji Aikido of Marshall
Re: More Shodothug,Yoshigoons, Aikielves etc

Of all the things to find in Aikido, the "mean women blues".
Old 10-01-2005, 06:00 AM   #52
darin

Quote:
Michael Stuempel wrote:
Hey...anybody out there want a beer? eh?

--Michael
Think I have some in the fridge... Where do you normally go for drinks in Tokyo? I really miss those izakaya.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #53
emma.mason15
Dojo: Shima Arashi Dojo
United Kingdom

Quote:
Emma Mason wrote:
Having read through this .... and after much deliberation .... I have to add a Hybrid to this list ....
I believe (and am sure that others who have met as in chat will agree) that Karen and I belong to a whole new section of Aiki-elf ....
Meet the Aiki-Sirens ...
we lure unsuspecting Aikidoka in to a false sense of superiority .... then when it comes down to the fight
well hey .... we're plain mean! ... using feminine whyles as a weapon ... and softly spoken voices ... a favourite move is the "snog them ... then pin them" ..... "whoops was that your genitalia?" .... and the old "wiggle when doing hip throws!!!"
I would like both mine and karens points to be calculated for this!
:P

naturally i would have calculated my own points... but was never a geek ... so dont underdstand how it all works!!!
i was far to busy getting drunk... smoking and delevoping bad habits to have sat around playing board games!!!
(im sooooo gunna get a virtual beating for this!!!)
em x

Last edited by emma.mason15 : 10-09-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Dance your cares away .... worry for another day ... let the music play .... down in fraggle rock!

when bored ... do as I do. Poke a patient!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #54
emma.mason15
United Kingdom

Quote:
Emma Mason wrote:
i was far to busy getting drunk... smoking and delevoping bad habits to have sat around playing board games!!!
yes l;ike poor spelling and grammar!

Dance your cares away .... worry for another day ... let the music play .... down in fraggle rock!

Old 10-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #55
justinc
Dojo: Enso Center, Redmond
Australia

Well, I need to multiclass, but so far nobody has written up one part for me. So, in the spirit of good geekiness, I have written my own:

Hapki-Thug

Description:
Quote:
A long distant relative of the Aiki-elf and have many attributes similar to the Aiki-Thug, and has itself split into many subraces. Not normally found in the middle earth, the can be mostly found over the northern seas, in the land of koreeha. They claim distant lineage to the Daitoryu Aikijutsu through the same master, though this is often disputed by non Hapki races. Often seen frolicking with high leaping dance-like kicks and punches, some wonder whether they do anything resembling joint locks or throws at all.
Many young padawan are seen to proclaim the greatness of their art due to many B grade movies featuring dodgy martial arts action performed by ex basketball players. They also constantly taunt the various Aiki races about their waltz skills and large superfluous actions (particularly the Aiki-Elves, for whom they hold their greatest disdain).
Favourite Weapon:
Quote:
Anything can be made a weapon. Walking stick is particularly enjoyed by the hapki-thug
Favourite Quote:
Quote:
Billy Jack is cool, man
--

And now for my own stats:

Hapki-Thug/Aiki-Elf (multiclass)
Level 4 (3/1)
HP 14

STR 10
INT 14 (+2 to ego, -2 to Ki)
CHA 16 (+2 species bonus from to hair colour, +3 to finding practice partner)
DEX 17 (+4 to high spining kicks)
CON 11
WIS 4 (-3 to choice of appropriate martial arts skill in the right training center. Often seen using kicks in Dojo, and big dancy movements in Dojang)

AC: 6 (padded cotton dogi in assorted styles and colours)
Weapon Proficiency: Chain whip x2 (or any flexible weapon, such as glowsticks, fire poi, belt, scarf etc)

Feats:
Combat Reflexes: Previous training has resulted in unnatural ability to react faster than most. Able to catch any piece of falling paper or knocked over object before it hits the ground.

SQ: Australian Heritage: +3 to bluff and entertain checks

Favourite quote: "Yeah, we all think Steve Irwin is crazy too"

Justin Couch
Student of life.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 AM   #56
happysod
Dojo: Kiburn, London, UK
United Kingdom

It's no good, you're all just to fancy for me...

Aiki-peasant

Description
Quote:
The great unwashed of the dojo, the peasant finds the world of the martial arts a bewildering yet interesting place to reside with a host of strange and amusing characters which also provides a nice roof over their head, something to get them out of the hovel for a while and the chance of a decent drink now and again. All this in exchange for a little pain, exertion and the odd genuflection if necessary is a good deal as far as the peasant is concerned. Peasants are found absolutely everywhere as their ability to blend into most backgrounds with effortless aplomb means that a dojo can host an entire chapter of peasants for years without even noticing.
favourite weapon
Quote:
whatever is to hand, it's all good
favourite quote
Quote:
so, what if they do this?
own stats:
aiki-peasant (fruitie-style)
level: unregistered
HP: never used them

STR: one bag of shopping's worth (2 on a good day)
INT: sometimes
CHA: you're really reaching here
DEX: can tie own shoe-laces
CON: can walk to dojo
WIS: does innate cowardice count?

AC: high, keeps at least 4 uke between them and sensei at all times

Feats: can out boast any other character class while still sounding believable

SQ: last to be picked on (see background blending above)

Favourite quote: I think I broke a nail
Old 10-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #57
James Davis

Dojo: Ft. Myers School of Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Emma Mason wrote:
naturally i would have calculated my own points... but was never a geek ... so dont underdstand how it all works!!!
(im sooooo gunna get a virtual beating for this!!!)
em x
Not unless they want a virtual kick to the groin!

"The only difference between Congress and drunken sailors is that drunken sailors spend their own money." -Tom Feeney, representative from Florida
Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #58
Nathan Gusdorf

So then if I do Seidokan am I a fruit or do I get my own sub-race? Also, are there different kinds of elves and fruits? Like say wood-elves or high-elves, lemon fruits or grapefruits.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #59
James Davis

Dojo: Ft. Myers School of Aikido
United_States

Quote:
Nathan Gusdorf wrote:
So then if I do Seidokan am I a fruit or do I get my own sub-race? Also, are there different kinds of elves and fruits? Like say wood-elves or high-elves, lemon fruits or grapefruits.
That depends partially upon the quality of your ukemi; you could be a fruit loop, or maybe a fruit roll-up!

Just don't be a pineapple. Oh, heaven help you if you're a pineapple.

"The only difference between Congress and drunken sailors is that drunken sailors spend their own money." -Tom Feeney, representative from Florida
Old 05-18-2006, 03:15 AM   #60
Nick Simpson
Dojo: White Rose Aikido - Durham University
United Kingdom

Seriously, how did I miss this? Aikido and D & D, combined! Wow!

Ok, so Im a proper geek and I was up til 3am playing Never Winter Nights on my pc, so this is all fresh to me:

Human, lvl 6 White Rose.

White Rose: Likes knocking people down, likes getting knocked down. Really not quite as thuggish as everyone makes out. Likes sexy aikido and looking hot while doing it. Only does the dangerous techniques that look cool. Loves bokken, hates Jo. Somewhere in between an elf and a shoduthug.

HP: 42

Str: 14
Dex: 16
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 18

Height: 6 ft.

I'm fairly strong and quick, not too shabby with the old noggin and I could charm the birds to lay their eggs on my breakfast plate. High pain resistance, but Im daft as a brush.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

I'd be chaotic good, but sometimes I can be a real prick, ya know.

AC: Base 13, in Gi and Hakama 15.

Attack: +7/+2 Bare Hand.

Damage: 1-4 + 4

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike, Weapon Specialization: Unarmed Strike, Knockdown, Dodge, Toughness, Smooth Talk, Sexy Moves.

Unarmed strike is obvious, I like knocking people down, dodge is for tenkan, toughness cos I am and likewise with smooth talk, plus I have the sexiest moves EVER

Skillz: Bluff +5 Diplomacy +5, Hide +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Music) +10, Knowledge (Aikido stuff) +10, Knowledge (Ryan Adams) +10, Move Silently +8, Perform (Sing, Guitar) +4, Ranting +20, Tumble +10.

Possessions: Masterwork Bokken, Masterwork Hakama, Dogi, Always Full Bottle of Jim Beam White Label +5.

Special Qaulities:
Can piss people off with ultimate ease. Caffeine Dependance. Drunkard. Chronically Lazy. Prone to Ranting. Arrogant. Prone to getting cut. Devilishly Handsome.

Ok, Im up way earlier than normal and I've run out of things to do on the internet

Last edited by Nick Simpson : 05-18-2006 at 03:20 AM.

They're all screaming about the rock n roll, but I would say that it's getting old. - REFUSED.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #61
xuzen

Dojo: None at the moment - on hiatus
Malaysia

Me like bokken and jo too... bokken makes good back scratcher, jo makes good tooth pick.
My stats:
Str: 100
Dex: 80
Int: 5
Wis: 15
Cha: -5

Alignment: Evil Goons

SHOMEN-ATE (TM), the solution to 90% of aikido and life's problems.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #62
CNYMike
Dojo: Aikido of Central New York
United_States

Quote:
Emma Mason wrote:
Neither do I, really, but at least the thread is back!

Me, I reamain an Aiki-penitent among Aiki-elves ..... and I do mean the tall, lean mean LOTR-type elves, NOT the kind that makes cookies. Trust me on this one.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #63
emma.mason15
United Kingdom

do I get extra points for being chief aiki siren? ...
how does one gain extras in tribes?
is it like black and white on the pc? ... do I just go around and order people to.. and if they dont punish them? ..... please ... please pleeeeease say I get to punish them!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #64
Shannon Frye
Dojo: Aikido Fellowship of VA / Chesapeake Va
United_States

Quote:
Michael Stuempel wrote:

The only worry I have is whether the pain will feel as real when it's written down with numbers and jotted on a scorecard.
--Michael, YoshiOrc
I'm guessing that you've never had your character (in my case, a Druid) roll a double 0, and be told by your DM that you not only missed the target, but you DROPPED your weapon. Painful, I assure you. Also, ego busting.