Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
jzimba
Thumbs up Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012

Hi folks,

The title says it all. I believe the e-mail address Dan prefers for related correspondence is:
dojoseminars@gmail.com

cost and other such things should be taken up with him. In the SF thread, he quoted $175

For Baltimore specific stuff, feel free to PM me. (hotels, public transportation, etc.)

Last I talked to Dan about this was at the beginning of Nov. If there are corrections, I'm sure he'll set me straight below.

Location set, and will be furnished upon request.

I'm sure the hours will be roughly the same as well, though we may have a hard cutoff time on Sat of 6:00 pm.

Vague enough for budo?

Joel
Old 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
jzimba
Re: Dan Harden: Baltimore, Feb 3-5 2012

Hey Folks,

AAs a result of my own incompetence, this date appears to be in flux. I'll work things out with the big guy aand update in due course.

Sorry for the inconvenience. II'd delete the thread, but I figured this would lead to less confussion.

Happy New Year
Best,

Joel

p.s. the alt tag reads "thumbs up" on this thread. is it incorrect? I've heard it might be wrong.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
DH
United_States

So there is some interest and pushback from not doing this one. My apologies for the confusion...all my fault, not Joel's.
If we have enough numbers on such a ridiculously short notice I would be willing.
Contact me this week if you are interested at dojoseminars@gmail.com if we can round it out we can do it. otherwise it will be scheduled for May.
Dan
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
jzimba

Heya Dan,

A couple folks have asked me if you have a flyer or something describing what you will be teaching. If so, please post a link here.

How are we doing on the quota?

Joel
Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
So there is some interest and pushback from not doing this one. My apologies for the confusion...all my fault, not Joel's.
If we have enough numbers on such a ridiculously short notice I would be willing.
Contact me this week if you are interested at dojoseminars@gmail.com if we can round it out we can do it. otherwise it will be scheduled for May.
Dan
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
jzimba

Hey Folks,

It looks like we are going to reschedule this seminar for the April or May timeframe.

Maybe not the best idea to plan a workshop on Superbowl Sunday? ...

I still want to get Dan down here, so keep writing to him and we'll make it happen.

Best,

Joel
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
emerykim
Dojo: BaltimoreAikido
United_States

Joel
The seminar was not very well advertised as I stumbled across the announcement on Aiki Web. That may be a reason for attendance. There weren't any flyers or information, who this was affiliated out there to get to people who were interested in time for participation. I know there is a large interest with Baltimore Aikido with participants in various arts other than Aikido (jujitsu, escrima...). If it does happen in May, and I would look forward to it, then how will we get that information in time to disseminate it for a larger participation to avoid a similar situation? Thanks.
Emery
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
DH
United_States

Quote:
Emery Kim wrote: View Post
Joel
The seminar was not very well advertised as I stumbled across the announcement on Aiki Web. That may be a reason for attendance. There weren't any flyers or information, who this was affiliated out there to get to people who were interested in time for participation. I know there is a large interest with Baltimore Aikido with participants in various arts other than Aikido (jujitsu, escrima...). If it does happen in May, and I would look forward to it, then how will we get that information in time to disseminate it for a larger participation to avoid a similar situation? Thanks.
Emery
Hello and thank you for your interest
I usually am invited by a local dojo. In cases where it is an interested group it is up to them to organize a venue and I place it on the web. This one was to fast and too casual for all concerned. Unfortunately, I may not have any openings left for 2012.

Dan
Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
chillzATL
United_States

Quote:
Unfortunately, I may not have any openings left for 2012.

Dan
o_0
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
DH
United_States

Quote:
Jason Casteel wrote: View Post
o_0
No no...I have five flexible dates left for: Atlanta, Florida, Oregon, Chicago and the Netherlands. They are part of the plan!!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
chillzATL
United_States

Quote:
No no...I have five flexible dates left for: Atlanta, Florida, Oregon, Chicago and the Netherlands. They are part of the plan!!
thanks Dan!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
DH
United_States

Quote:
Jason Casteel wrote: View Post
thanks Dan!
David talked about September. At this point why don't you guys chat and someone find a place and lest call it.
I am booked with Private seminars for
Aug. 24
Mid Sept -not confirmed
Oct 6-7
Oct sometime-Netherlands?
Nov possibly Hawaii?
Nov. 30
Dec 8
And some where in there Oregon again.
Let me know at dojoseminars@gmail.com

Dan
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
Ernesto Lemke
Dojo: Seikokan , Leeuwarden
Netherlands

Quote:
Aha! So this is how I at least KNOW you've been reading my emails
Sometime? Sometime? That'll be somewhere in the week of oct. 20-28. I guess in order to make the Portland guys happy too the later half of the week in Holland is fine....

PS
Bro-chu-re...

Ernesto
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
chillzATL
United_States

Quote:
David talked about September. At this point why don't you guys chat and someone find a place and lest call it.
I am booked with Private seminars for
Aug. 24
Mid Sept -not confirmed
Oct 6-7
Nov possibly Hawaii?
Nov. 30
Dec 8
And some where in there Oregon again.
Let me know at dojoseminars@gmail.com

Dan
will do