Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Princess Rose

Dojo: Aikido of Northern CO
United_States
25th anniversary practice Aikido of N CO

This is the 25th anniversary year of our dojo, Aikido of Northern Colorado. We are having a few special events to celebrate including our reunion practice on April 21. All former students and instructors are invited to attend. Details are below.
If you have anything to say about our school please leave a comment and we will read it at the reunion.
Thanks,
Rosemary Wulf

The current and former students of Aikido of Northern Colorado are celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year. Our practice began in Loveland, on October 19, 1981 (6 years and 3 days before I was born ). Our original name was The Sun is Rising Consciousness Center, and we later became Aikido of Loveland Ft. Collins, Inc. The school was started by Dr. Kent Hinesley, who had recently moved to Loveland from California. Kent had been studying Aikido with David ONeill of San Francisco. Kent began teaching Aikido in Loveland with the help of two of his friends, David Jones and Robert Patton, who both had received their black belts from David ONeill. At that time, Kent had not yet received his black belt.

Before we had the current dojo on Jefferson Avenue, we were located over near the old railroad depot on 5th Street. For many years we had a practice in Fort Collins, which was lead by Mike Harter and others from our school, including Clyde Meeks, Kurt Yovanoff, Bob McCoy, and Kathy Crowe. In 2004 we re-organized the school to become the nonprofit Colorado corporation Aikido of Northern Colorado, Inc.

Please join us on April 21st as we celebrate 25 years of teaching and practicing Aikido. All events are free of charge. Schedule for April 21:
9:00 - 11:00am Morning Practice - Regular morning practice will be held. All are welcome to attend at the Dojo, 530 N. Jefferson
1:00 - 3:00pm Dino Practice - A light practice for all those who used to practice and would like to get on the mat again. At the Dojo, 530 N. Jefferson.

5:00 - 9:00pm Reception and Pot-luck. At the Chilson Center, Loveland
Please RSVP by leaving a message at (970) 663-2346. Also, please let us know if you need a place to stay, and we will arrange housing with one of our members.
Aikido of Northern Colorado Inc. does not discriminate against applicants and students on the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin. Aikido of Northern Colorado is a 501(c)3 non profit corporation.

www.aikidonortherncolorado.org

"Always practice in the spirit of joy"
~Morihei Ueshiba
Old 03-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
Princess Rose

Dojo: Aikido of Northern CO
United_States
Re: 25th anniversity practice Aikido of N CO

Ok yes I noticed I misspelled anniversary… I can't figure out how to change that. Don't laugh at me I'm a physics major. Me speak pretty some day.

"Always practice in the spirit of joy"
~Morihei Ueshiba