Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #51
RED
United_States
Re: Pompous Baffoons

I love guys like that. Irritating yes. Change of perspective maybe; you are there to improve you, and he is so willing to correct you...thus, you are there training for you, and he is there training for you... all the focus is on you and not him. lol He gets nothing, you get everything. I smile and nod in those situations... all the focus is on me...even if they are irritating the hell out of me, I remind myself that right now this fool is making the training session only focused on my advancement, not his.

MM
Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #52
Larry Cuvin

Dojo: Oregon Ki Society
United_States

If you can stop all his techniques every time, nothing to learn from this guy but self control (a good thing). If you can't, you learn something (improve your technique and your self control). Win-win situation.

Plus Ki.

Plus Ki
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #53
genin
United_States

Quote:
Maggie Schill wrote: View Post
I love guys like that. Irritating yes. Change of perspective maybe; you are there to improve you, and he is so willing to correct you...thus, you are there training for you, and he is there training for you... all the focus is on you and not him. lol He gets nothing, you get everything. I smile and nod in those situations... all the focus is on me...even if they are irritating the hell out of me, I remind myself that right now this fool is making the training session only focused on my advancement, not his.
True, you can turn the focus inward onto yourself, and just use him as a tool for your personal training and advancement.

Also, as much as I hate to say it, you can try passive aggressive jabs at him. Anytime he speaks out, you can immediately respond with a comment he would find agravating or insulting. But don't be openly rude about it. A lot of times people can't help being themselves, and they don't even realize they are putting others off by virtue of the things they say. Sometimes putting people in their place can be the eye-opener they needed in order to see the error of their ways.